• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reynolds - Getting a export every couple hours

Yes, in Ignite, the schedule runs when ever you set it up to run and the file sits on the Reynolds server until you export it, manually with the the captcha prompt. No true automation anymore. The files do export to a folder that you want though after that.

Sounds like you need a script to run this process and do it all in one pass each time the script runs. Set the reports to run every 3hrs and the script runs 30 mins after the reports run. You could use simulated keystrokes( eg: TAB,TAB,TAB,ENTER, F12) and active windows if need be to navigate through the ERA system. I would see if there is a windows info tool you could use to try and see the data for the captcha. The info tool should give pretty much everything about every window you have open on the machine. The Control ID's, Window Handles, and a bunch more. In Visual Studio (Microsoft's application dev tool), it has a info tool built in. There are free ones on the net though.

With our DMS, you can't save a file with a specific name. The DMS always saved the file as a job ID number. So, I had to put logic in my download script that opens and reads the header of each file it downloads as soon as it's downloaded. The report number is in the header and I use that as my identifier to rename the file (eg: Report # 503 = myFile1.txt). Once it's renamed, it connects via FTP to the correct vendors server and sends it to the vendor. You could the same. It will take some windows scripting knowledge but it doesn't seem to be to hard of a job.

If nothing else, you could make a file watcher and when new files hit the directory, they get renamed and FTP'ed out to the vendor. At least that would take out part of the manual process for you.

We tried all of that - we still use the FTP stuff but the key entry stuff doesn't work - they started blocking any virtual keyboard inputs for the captcha. They also open so many windows and toggles that you can't really automate the clicks and tabs the way we used to.

I have a whole software dev team that would love to be proved wrong but they haven't been yet.

[QUOTE="I have a whole software dev team that would love to be proved wrong but they haven't been yet.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a good challenge. LOL. Is there many ppl who could use this feature (Automation of report downloads for ERA)???

The file that gets dumped is whatever I named it at the I created the report query. Currently in a csv format and just the info from the export, nothing extra.

I thought about doing a macro but could see the captcha screen being a issue. I don't have any experience with visual studio really so I'd need to chase a third party for that.

Too much of a cat and mouse game to invest any time and money into.....

I think the ultimate solution is to drop Reynolds unless they start selling an API. Are there any consultants that specialize in DMS migrations? I imagine could be a very lucrative consulting business.

Great thread here.
DealerVault and Authenticom DMS capabilities vary on the different DMS systems.
Today, DealerVault through R&R require the report ‘push’ as a manual step. (Daily or on demand throughout the day).
Other DMS systems have automation options for running more frequently throughout the day.
@ Joe, I’m happy to discuss in more detail offline. For Craig or anyone attending Digital Dealer 19, please come see us at booth #711.

Great thread here.
DealerVault and Authenticom DMS capabilities vary on the different DMS systems.
Today, DealerVault through R&R require the report ‘push’ as a manual step. (Daily or on demand throughout the day).
Other DMS systems have automation options for running more frequently throughout the day.
@ Joe, I’m happy to discuss in more detail offline. For Craig or anyone attending Digital Dealer 19, please come see us at booth #711.

Interesting. I'll be at DD and will likely stop by.

Why does R&R now require a push? Are you RCI?
I'm trying to figure out why some RCI approved vendors are having issues now.