• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Service Hand-Off at Delivery

john.quinn

Boss
Dec 2, 2009
Awards
First Name
John
Yesterday I took delivery of my first car ever as a non-dealership employee. (Thank You Burlington Subaru!!)

I was very, very interested to sit through the Delivery Process. I must say that Terry provided for an EXCELLENT delivery experience... word-tracs second to none, and I mean that sincerely.

Especially interesting was the trac he used to Tee-Up the Service department. I'm going to ping him to join the group and share his trac, but in the meantime, I thought the topic would make for a good thread.

I can't think of anything more important for a Sales professional than retaining his/her clients for repeat business. It would then seem logical that a true Sales Professional would want to take a vested interest in his/her clients' experiences in the Service Lane. Delivery is the best place to start.

How 'bout tossing around some great Service Set-Ups used at Delivery?

Hi John,

Thank you for the kind words. A wonderful pleasure to be the one to help you get you your new car.

Service Word Track I use when telling my customers about service….

We have a great service department and our service advisors are….
When you come in for service there are two words I want you to remember: required and recommend.

Please keep in mind these are two words you want to remember when dealing with any service department, not just mine.

A required service would be something that has to be done to pass State Inspections and/or to keep your car covered under warranty.

A recommended service is just that, a recommendation. It is our service advisor’s job to recommend services to help you prolong the life of your car, especially for the harsh climate we put our cars though living here in the New England area.
If a service is recommended please ask the following:
· Confirm the service being offered (What is the service you’re recommending?)
· How much is this service?
· Please explain the benefits?
If you agree with the recommendation, please do the service; if you don’t agree, than don’t. I have found from past experience that most of the recommendations are good ones, please you your best judgment.

***Since I have been using this word track, my customers have been happier and not having issues with my service department like they did before. Before I would always hear… “Your service department is trying to rip me off, I'm not coming back here to your dealership” Now that they know what to expect, I don’t hear that statement anymore and I have happy customer returning to do business.***

Happy Selling
Terry

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks Terry! After reading your word-trac, I don't think I need to explain to the group why I wanted you to share this here!

Welcome do DealerRefresh. Please browse through the articles and strings -- I think you'll find several areas where your thoughts and opinions will be welcome...

On that note, as a fellow Cradle-To-Graver, you have some INSTANT FRIENDS on this forum... some great discussions there.

WELCOME!!

Hi John,

Thank you for the kind words. A wonderful pleasure to be the one to help you get you your new car.

Service Word Track I use when telling my customers about service….

We have a great service department and our service advisors are….
When you come in for service there are two words I want you to remember: required and recommend.

Please keep in mind these are two words you want to remember when dealing with any service department, not just mine.

A required service would be something that has to be done to pass State Inspections and/or to keep your car covered under warranty.

A recommended service is just that, a recommendation. It is our service advisor’s job to recommend services to help you prolong the life of your car, especially for the harsh climate we put our cars though living here in the New England area.
If a service is recommended please ask the following:
· Confirm the service being offered (What is the service you’re recommending?)
· How much is this service?
· Please explain the benefits?
If you agree with the recommendation, please do the service; if you don’t agree, than don’t. I have found from past experience that most of the recommendations are good ones, please you your best judgment.

***Since I have been using this word track, my customers have been happier and not having issues with my service department like they did before. Before I would always hear… “Your service department is trying to rip me off, I'm not coming back here to your dealership” Now that they know what to expect, I don’t hear that statement anymore and I have happy customer returning to do business.***

Happy Selling
Terry

Terry

What else do you do in your service handoff procedure? Looking at putting a new process in place and just getting some new ideas. I do like that word track. Thanks for the help

Ty