• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Setting up a Photo Booth

Joe, eVox could be setting up people that could compete against them. Now, websites, like Dealer.com are just templates. Dealers need their vehicles styled properly, good descriptions and nice pictures, at the least. They also need some pricing strategy and in all of these things, you have extensive knowledge and a vested interest.

Hey Doug,

I am puzzled by your reply. I see no measurable impact to eVox's core business from eVox creating a consulting arm where eVox helps a dealer build a great photo booth. Additionally, assisting the dealer build a best of class photo booth is perfectly aligned with the digitall merchandising best practices you mentioned above.

Are you saying that any website vendor (like Dealer.com) would profit from this? if so, then I think you've mis-understood something.

Joe, I'm saying that eVox could set up somebody to compete against them.

I don't think that most website companies have the expertise to assist dealers in all areas of digital marketing (photography, descriptions, video, etc.) but you do.

Joe, I'm saying that eVox could set up somebody to compete against them.

I don't think that most website companies have the expertise to assist dealers in all areas of digital marketing (photography, descriptions, video, etc.) but you do.

Building a dealers photo booth is a Kia Rio, where eVox's giant studio is a Bentley Continental GT (or maybe 2! ;-) hahaha. Really Doug, no real parallels that'll threaten eVox's model.

thnx for the compliment.

You going to NADA?

Evox- great company. unfortunately stock photos are just that, stock photos. Real cars is what people want to see, especially when dealing with used inventory. Even to take a huge hit in quality it would be worth it to have the real car over stock, example Real car vs stock car, there isnt even a quality comparison, however, if you looking at a 4+ year old car you know its not going to look like the stock photo, so it ends up getting overlooked.

Studios- I do not understand why this is an area many refuse to invest properly on. Dealerships have great buildings that give the right feel when a customer gets there, yet the virtual showroom (where most first impressions are made) is extremely lacking. We all know things have gone virtual, lets be honest a curtain in a back room really isn't sufficient. Solid walls, defused light, more light, more light, did I say more light?, proper cameras, someone both behind the camera and someone on the computer that knows what they are doing, representing a professional business.

dodge-template.jpg had to shrink this to 1/4 :egads: for the uploader. This takes a little time, with the right people actually very little.

Everyone always asks cost, cost, cost. Ill say this, its a room addition to a building so its more then a bed set.

It is for an automated photography system we've been developing, using our studio it takes the outside shots automatically, while taking video, and takes a 360 pano of the interior. The entire process takes roughly 10 minutes.

Last edited: