• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Since DR is the only forum NOT sponsoring a conference this fall...

Eley, you hear stories. First thing you know there is a keg in the service drive and strippers giving lap dances in the conference room.
Don't give it a second thought. I'm sure there is nothing to worry about.

Doug, do they still smoke inside at the stores you work at, have fake dusty ficus plants and half naked women Snap-On calenders on each tech's box? You're really showing your "old school" age buddy :geezer:!

1st - I am not at AutoCon so if you thought I was, sorry to disappoint, it just cracks me up knowing Ralph is posting his self portraits! I will be in Vegas for a Chevy Dealer meeting next week, 1x a year in Vegas is more than enough for me. 2nd - We operate a very professional business and each person here understands that. As much fun as kegs and strippers in the conference rooms sounds to you, we are in 2012, not 1987! There is a very southern lady who is still DP here and she has instilled a lot of integrity in me, nothing you have said fits with us!

I know you're just giving me some shit. The keg comment did give me a great laugh, and to be honest there are 2 Bud Lights in my private mini fridge here.

Sorry i took up your time away from your Hemmings magazine!

Eley

Doug, do they still smoke inside at the stores you work at, have fake dusty ficus plants and half naked women Snap-On calenders on each tech's box? You're really showing your "old school" age buddy :geezer:!

Eley

Eley, I am beyond "old school" age ...I'm old.

I thought you were away from the store. I wanted to paint a picture of what I knew would be polar opposite of what you would consider acceptable. I was trying to give you a hard time.

I had to laugh when you said southern lady. I thought about the time my Grandmother and four of her sisters had an intervention with my aunt Myrtle. It was a huge scandal. It appears that my aunt Myrtle had called the meat manager at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store, a horses ass. There was an urgent, top secret, closed door meeting to straighten my aunt Myrtle out. I am certain, that a New York PR firm couldn't have been as effective in correcting the issue. While I doubt that many on DealerRefresh would understand, I fully appreciate what it means to have a "southern lady" at the helm.

Hey Yago,

Missed opportunity for sure!

I think it is time for part of this thread to come full circle! What did you think of AutoCon 2012 Refresh Nation?

Is always good to put a one-on-one touch on this Internet relationships!

Autocon was alright... I was expecting a Dealer Rater open bar at the pool that was at the end of the hotel (the one that is like a club) and it didn't happen. Tell Chip to step it up. I'll change my opinion about your company. Even write a good review for you.

Uncle Joe Rule #67

The best benefit to attending conventions is networking after hours. Get out and find where people are and mingle with vendors and dealers. Trade stories and business cards. Be sure to chat about your most frustrating challenges, people like to help, be prepared to get help.

The vendor booths and workshops aT the convention are added value ;-)

Bumping this thread with a totally shameless and mostly self-interested post ...AND I'm bold enough to be using a quote from a well-respected Moderator too.

UNCLE JOE SAYS you should stop by booth #631 at Digital Dealer and spend some time talking with me!
:lol:

In all seriousness, I was pleased to find out that I am a last minute addition to the DealerRater roster for Digital Dealer next week and I would love to connect with members of the DealerRefresh community at the show. You know me well enough here to know that you won't get a hard sales-pitch if you stop by the booth, but you will get a handshake, an honest opinion if you ask for one and a VIP walk through of DealerRater's newest features and enhancements.

Looking forward to meeting you... Stop by and say hello, no purple tie required.

Last edited: