• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Starting A Service BDC-Come along for the ride!

May 6, 2016
First Name
Nathan
Hello to all,

My name is Nathan and I thought I'd stop by to introduce myself. I've been in this wonderful business for right at ten years now. I've enjoyed selling for brands such as Chevy,GMC, Buick, BMW, Volvo, Toyota, Nissan, and Honda. I also got my fiancé into the business and she has remained a top performer at her location. My passions went from selling and making the most money I could, to gaining my true enjoyment through helping others.

Currently, I've been tasked with developing a service BDC for our Honda store. It would be great to speak with others that have similar experience in this area. I look forward to meeting many great people here on dealerrefresh.com

Thanks,

Nathan T

Nathan,

Are you using a web based scheduling system? if so which one? If you not using one I suggest looking at one or two - Honda has an OEM deal with Xtime and you can start there. If your using one then get it dialed in and train your CSRs to use it to it's fullest extent and tweak for selling services over the phone before the customer hits the drive.

Train your CSR to answer most all questions rather than sending the customer to a Service Advisor - I see this happen a lot and it undermines the entire process. If a customer calls and states that their check engine light is on and what caused that - make sure your reps know how to handle that concern and not just send the customer out to the service drive.

Reply back if you have any specific questions and I'll be glad to help.

Hello to all,

My name is Nathan and I thought I'd stop by to introduce myself. I've been in this wonderful business for right at ten years now. I've enjoyed selling for brands such as Chevy,GMC, Buick, BMW, Volvo, Toyota, Nissan, and Honda. I also got my fiancé into the business and she has remained a top performer at her location. My passions went from selling and making the most money I could, to gaining my true enjoyment through helping others.

Currently, I've been tasked with developing a service BDC for our Honda store. It would be great to speak with others that have similar experience in this area. I look forward to meeting many great people here on dealerrefresh.com

Thanks,

Nathan T

Nathan any followup on this...how are things going with the Service BDC? Have you guys launched, Challenges, What is working well?

Also any thoughts on how many bdc reps to R/O's/ appointments/calls, etc?...