• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

SureSale - CPO Program 4 <15 Years <150k Mile Cars - Anyone used It?

bringles

3rd Base Coach
Apr 17, 2013
Awards
First Name
Erik
I had a demo yesterday with Suresale. For those you don't know the program it basically a cpo program for cars 15 years and newer and under 150k miles. You enter the vin into the program and if the car has no brands on the title you can activate the car for $150. Then the car goes through a 125 point inspection. The inspection must be done at an ase certified shop. The shop I use meets this requirement, so it should only cost me about $60. I was already being charged $40 for a 50 point inspection.

The inspection has a pass/fail/n/a grade. The car is then listed on there own marketplace and about 20 other smaller websites (not cars.com, autotrader, etc)

They provide marketing materials at no charge (car hangers, license plate covers, etc). Once a car is purchased it comes with a 5 day 500 mile exchange program for the customer that the dealer is required to honor. (provided car is in same condition minus reasonable wear and tear for 5 days and 500 miles)

At the time of sale a 5 month, 5,000 mile limited warranty is activated for the customer including roadside assistance and rental car reimbursement. The dealer is charged another $150 for a total of $300.

The warranty has a $100 deductible and total coverage is maxed out at nada value with one time use maxed at nada wholesale value. I think the warranty is with or underwritten by ASI ( i cant remember which). It does offer good coverage.

Coverage areas:
engine, diesel engine, turbo/super charger, transmission, transfer case, drive axle, steering, brakes, electrical, suspension, air conditioning, fuel system, cooling system, electrical, and seals and gaskets.

I wanted to find out if anyone has any experience with this program or has heard of it before?

Suresale called me due to my 5 star rating on Yelp. I had been thinking about doing a program just like this, but I thought it might be hard to start. According to the company I would be the only dealer in San Diego using the program. It sounds like a no brainer for me. I specialize in vehicles under $10k and I am very picky about what I buy, so most of my cars would pass the 125 point inspection.

I would think that the perceived value to the customer would more than cover the $300. Is there anything I am missing here or potential problems that I might run into?

Last edited: