• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

The Pubcon Conference????

Rick Buffkin

Sausage King of Chicago
Oct 29, 2009
Awards
First Name
Rick
I was just wondering if any of you guys or girls have ever been to the Pubcon conference and your thoughts on it. I've never been but I was considering going this year. I would love to hear your thoughts on that type of conference compared to a conference in the Automotive segment. Just looking at the lineup of speakers and what the conference is about, it looks like it would be an awesome conference to attend to get a view of Internet Marketing outside of the Automotive segment.

Satya Nadella (The CEO of Microsoft) BTW I'm all about Visual Studio Ultimate, Matt Cutts (Google) If you don't know who Matt is.... Hummm...I'll leave it at that. Moving On... , Tony Hsieh (CEO of Zappo's), Craig Newmark (founder of Craigslist) If I do go I'll put this guy in a headlock for everyone on here until he passes out or removes the insertion fee for dealers LOL. Just kidding about the headlock. Anyway... It looks like a pretty good line up and really some what inline with what each of us do daily and then some. I would be interested to know how the marketing practices we use in automotive compares to other segments.

Are we above, equal to or do we have a lot of catching up to do????

Just wondering your thoughts....

Pubcon

Pubcon is awesome. I went to one with Rob Snell of Gun Dog Supply, and it was jaw dropping how insightful it was. I came away with a notebook of information, and still use it to this day for reference.

Auto conferences definitely lack the conversations about UX, technical seo and link building. These are some of the bread and butter sessions of seo conferences.

Jim Boykin of Internet Marketing Ninjas, formerly We Build Pages, is easily one of the best seos in the world. His team get ridiculous links that most people could only dream of. If you don't follow their blog you definitely should.

So, yes definitely go. You will learn tons.

I have been to Pubcon several times and will be attending this fall in Vegas. Pubcon is my favorite conference to attend. Rick, the speakers mentioned on the home page are not necessarily speaking this year but have presented in the past. For example, Matt Cutts is on an extended vacation and won't be at Pubcon this year. There are four keynote speakers this year including Duane Forrester of Bing giving his first Pubcon keynote. You can see the keynote bios here. Here is the list of scheduled sessions.