• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

This election is f^$@'d, but...

Reactions: John W.
We wait. We wait until he gets in office, then we keep waiting.
We see how a Republican president with Republican house and Senate decides to handle this.

I'll be keeping my eye on the "true" unemployment rate (not the well-adjusted rate they use today) and other key stats.
http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts

Either way this went it was going to be a bumpy ride - I'm just curious to see how this impacts the media, polling and other institutions that just got rocked by this election.

My store is in the heart of the Eagleford Shale and took a big hit when oil cratered. They adapted and did a pretty good job keeping their heads above water but it's time to really buckle down, fix our bad habits and reinforce the good ones. Purely anecdotal at this point, but the general consensus is that oil production is coming back and our local companies are breathing a huge sigh of relief today. My goal is to radically increase our non-oil retail processes and treat the impending increases in fleet sales as the proverbial icing on the cake (or gravy if that's what you're into).

Personally, I couldn't be more pleased with last night's results.

Reactions: craigh
Heads up GM's, GSM's and UCMs, Change is in the air...

View attachment 3235

Feb is down 3.8% month over month, but, Used car prices have fallen 11% from the 4 year average.

I apologize for not knowing, but is this downturn on the RETAIL side or the WHOLESALE side?

I guess I am trying to figure out if used car prices have fallen 11% because dealers are selling them cheaper and supplementing that discount in the Finance office, or if they are down 11% on the auction block. It sure doesn't seem like they are cheaper on the wholesale side, but change can often be difficult to detect without actual data to support the gut instinct.

Macro SAAR Update.

SAAR is in its happy place

Automotive Interest rates (48mo)
Our current Interest Rates are rising, but ever so gently. This chart from the Fed is about 2 months behind. As of 5.22.18, Wells Fargo new car rates are ~4% https://www.wellsfargo.com/auto-loans/rates/

Used car prices fell sharply recently, but, the up-trend is still very strong
ManheimUsedVehicleValueIndex-LineGraph.png

Summary from my seat... The summer of 2018 is looking great. All is well in car dealer land.