• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Time for a new smartphone

Jeff, glad to see you like yours. Im a die hard blackberry person so the 9700 seems to be the only thing im interested in right now. How do you like the trackpad vs the track ball?

The find the trackpad to be way better than the track ball. No comparison..takes about 2 minutes to get used to it and your left wondering why they didn't do this in the first place.

Interesting! I'll probably end up getting the Droid (the regular one, not the eris)

It's going to be heavily hacked with whatever I can find on the internet.. Hopefully there is a good factory reset setting on the sucker because I intend to destroy it software wise! lol.

...I would be deep diving into the possibility of an Android phone. How about that new Google Nexus One.

Ooooo....is that going to be provided by Sprint??? I'm looking at the Samsung Moment to move up to after the first of the year...waiting on DealerSocket to upgrade their system to be able to handle "pager responses" to leads before I change out. Right now, text notifications work fine on my Samsung Eternity touchscreen.

T
My wife has an Android based Samsung Moment and it is an awesome phone. It is just like the Motorola Droid but on the Sprint network.

I have the iPhone... and from playing with all the various phones I still think the iPhone is the best. The android phones are coming in at a close second, but their UI isn't quite as easy to use or as fast. The iPhone is a little older and more refined... not to mention it is also the best music player in the world. iPhone works with my car, my portable stereo, and my alarm clock... the iPhone is just the universal device...

But the Palm WebOS and Android phones are good phones. Blackberries are horrible in comparison... IMHO.

Also look at the Droid Eris on the Verizon network... or you can wait for the new Google Nexus One phone all the buzz is about.

Thank you for the review of the Samsung Moment- only question I have from one parent to another- any issues with the little ones sliding out the keyboard? If I could lock the keyboard from sliding out, I'd be a happier parent- never fails that the babies get the phone when I'm not looking no matter how high over their head I place it. Dad has a Motorola Tundra thru AT&T right now- he lets the babies teeth on it and it works just fine still.

Interesting! I'll probably end up getting the Droid (the regular one, not the eris)

It's going to be heavily hacked with whatever I can find on the internet.. Hopefully there is a good factory reset setting on the sucker because I intend to destroy it software wise! lol.

I'm so going to be getting to know you to help me with resetting my Android then for the same reason- should have seen me locking up the iPod Touch I gave my daughter by trying to load too much at one time...lol!

Just got this phone myself, and I like it, but what are you using, if anything, to sync tasks?
I use Google tasks but it still sucks. That's one lacking function that i haven't been happy with between windows mobile, blackberry, or my android. But at least Google tasks will be the same whether I'm in my email, or on my phone.

One program I haven't tried but hear repeatedly good things about is Remember the milk, have you ever used it?