• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

TIps for buying an iPad Air (or ANY ipad)

TomLaPointe

Hat Trick
Sep 19, 2012
First Name
Big Tom
Apple announced their latest iPad this week. The big leap in technology is 64-bit processing with the same battery life, in a package that is thinner and lighter. Aside from a better camera experience for Facetime (apple's in-house Skype-type videoconference app), it's not much different than iPad 3/4 with retina screen.

Do you NEED the latest one, instead of an older generation? Probably not. They all use the same operating system (iOS 7, which just came out), and most apps are compatible with all but the first generation.

If you WANT the latest one, be sure to GET AT LEAST 32 GB of memory. Unlike an Android phone or tablet, there isn't a card slot for additional storage of app data, photos, or videos, and it fills up quickly. Even if you buy an older generation iPad, it is well worth the investment to invest in at least 32 GB.

For most people, a high-quality Android tablet with at least 1 GB of RAM will suffice for the majority of functions, like FaceBook, Netflix, GMail / Yahoo Mail, Angry Birds, and Twitter. But the iPad is in another universe when it comes to Educational apps for kids, Music creation and publishing, and even many games (shooter, driving, flying games especially).

If you have any questions or curiosities about purchasing a Tablet, please feel free to PM me, or even give me a call 727-638-0195. I am always happy to help others with technology.

Last edited by a moderator: