• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Top 30 vehicles with shortest days on market

Here is some data from New York that we analyzed. Our approach was as follows:
  • Start with used inventory that showed up in January 2017
  • Average the days-on-lot by make/model
  • Vehicles with a days-on-lot < 3 were excluded from average (we assume they went to wholesale)
  • Make/models for which we saw less than 10 vehicles in January are separated out (listed at the bottom of the file)
This results in 345 unique make/models and 40,915 individual units that sold between 24-74 days on average. The output file is attached.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• DOL by Make Model - New York.pdf
    59.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: craigh
Here is some data from New York that we analyzed. Our approach was as follows:
  • Start with used inventory that showed up in January 2017
  • Average the days-on-lot by make/model
  • Vehicles with a days-on-lot < 3 were excluded from average (we assume they went to wholesale)
  • Make/models for which we saw less than 10 vehicles in January are separated out (listed at the bottom of the file)
This results in 345 unique make/models and 40,915 individual units that sold between 24-74 days on average. The output file is attached.

Let me know what you think.
@Chad Bockius what is the source of the Vehicle data for this report? Is it from the dealer inventories that are on Vast or do you have other sources?
Thanks

Reactions: Alexander Lau
As part of our core business we receive roughly 35M used & new units every day from dealers and aggregators. This gets de-duped down to about 7-8M unique listings. ~4M of these are used vehicles and is considered the largest & highest quality repository of active listings in the industry. Hope that helps.

@Chad Bockius. Hmm...Our data feed of active US dealer listing counts as of yesterday:
Our Current Dealer Inventory Stats:
Used Dealer Inventory
Target Dealer websites - 41k
RnNZfQn2o2xpggJQqefCOervMbPIci5mujDPJnvl43kv6Rtxjyh5gHN_JKVzeU-aaGz3pePFgxfoAAtZJZNx8mveVTc-11j98EfuAJVcumUenA=s0-d-e1-ft

Refresh frequency - 24 Hours
Listings - about 5.2M
Unique VINs - 2.2M

New Dealer Inventory
Refresh frequency - 24 hours
Target dealer websites - 22k
Listings - about 5.5M
Unique VINs - 3.3M

I am wondering why your US dealer inventory count is 8 million unique listings and ours is at 5.5 million?
Perhaps you would want to validate your data feed against ours to see why you show more active dealer listing counts then we do? Our dealer data feed comes directly from 63,000 new and used dealer websites in the US.

I am happy to send over to you all the US dealers in our feed with all current active dealer listings so you can check to see if we are missing any dealers that you have? I will be surprised if we are missing any listings as I believe we have at least 99% of all the US dealers in our feed.

Troy

I invited you to email me directly at [email protected] or call me at 816.301.2306 I would love to discuss the credibility of our data but I don't feel it necessary to start an argument or defend our systems on a forum. Our current clients have no issues with the information they receive from us and we get better everyday by adding New dealers to our database....so feel free to contact me if you would like further info

Hey Angela,

Glad you've joined the forums - more is merrier.
That said, I'm with Alexander on this one. If you're willing to share data, be prepared to share the source of it.
I've been knocked around plenty of times on this site for the same reason.
Data is only good if it can be validated.

Hey Angela,

That said, I'm with Alexander on this one. If you're willing to share data, be prepared to share the source of it.
Oinventorydat
Hey Angela,

Hey Craig. Do you guys want Canada dealers inventory? We just started a Canada dealer feed last Nov. 2016 for a couple clients that already have our US dealer feed. Here is a Link to view all 50,442 US and Canada dealers in our directory the data comes from.

Anyone here on the thread can view this Link.