• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Uncle Joe's Make Over Diary

Got my step daughter into the digital marketing biz. Here's her very first walk around video.
[video]http://www.usedcarking.tv/videotest.php#ooid=xkNXAxMzoG9Oe-pDYmj5X8W9nlRqwpi_,1iY3AxMzp_2VdO-_GzkPVXgZkYLpjlXM[/video]

Not a bad start, she'll be much improved by Jan1.

Very nice, Uncle Joe! Your progeny do your reputation justice!

Apologies if this has already been discussed: what are your thoughts about the advantages and disadvantages about this type of "live" walk-around versus the automated walk-around video services offered by companies like Unity Works?

Very nice, Uncle Joe! Your progeny do your reputation justice!

Apologies if this has already been discussed: what are your thoughts about the advantages and disadvantages about this type of "live" walk-around versus the automated walk-around video services offered by companies like Unity Works?

JQ,
I haven't seen unity's work lately, but, most manufactured videos are about as personal as a robo call... "you'll really like this smooth shifting 4 speed automatic..." "...this car has power windows, locks and windshield wipers!" it's pathetic!

IMO, comment generators and robo videos can work, but they need to know what sells cars. Most all fail this ridiculously simple task.

Lastly, there is real merchandising POWER if you have a knowledgeable person create a low budget walk around on a SPECIFIC car.

Ed Brooks, where is that "luggage walk around video"?

Reactions: 1 person
JQ,

Ed Brooks brought this GREAT company to my attention... eBags.com, they sell luggage, and they do a killer walk around video.

Here is one VDP page: eBags Mother Lode TLS Weekender Convertible - eBags.com

Look for "Videos" on the left side, just below the pics of the luggage. BEFORE you click the videos, look at the page, think like your looking for a bag for your college aged kid, then watch the video.

BAM!

That's how you dooze it!

I am a big Zappos.com fan. I've never bought a shoe from them, but, they build a great ecommere site. Their faceted navigation is best of show... but,, I digress ;-)

Each shoe has a walk around video. Here's an Slipper VDP UGG Neuman Chestnut - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways and here's the video for it: UGG Neuman - Multiview

Zappos.com has 4-5 video peeps and all of them are gen Y, not models (aka not pretty) and are comfortable in front of a camera.

FYI:
"...Zappos reports 6-30% sales impact after integrating video product demos
(http://www.reelseo.com/video-demos-sales-zappos/)"

FWIW, I don't know what the term "sales impact" REALLY means, no one does. All I know is video can "reach out and touch someone" and I'm going for it!

JQ,

Ed Brooks brought this GREAT company to my attention... eBags.com, they sell luggage, and they do a killer walk around video.

Here is one VDP page: eBags Mother Lode TLS Weekender Convertible - eBags.com

Look for "Videos" on the left side, just below the pics of the luggage. BEFORE you click the videos, look at the page, think like your looking for a bag for your college aged kid, then watch the video.

BAM!

That's how you dooze it!
Bernard Majeau is my hero. He's the eBags product manager conducting the "Walk Around". I love how he stays away from the subjective, no "look how beautiful this is" crap. It's features and BENEFITS. This product manager can SELL!

Every where I look, SEO is dying.
Every where I look, Google is attacking 3rd party vendors (travel booking sites, online retailers, etc)
Every where I look, all that's left above the fold is paid ad space.

ads-ads-ads.gif

From SEObook.com http://www.seobook.com/walmartization

S
ee for yourself: hd monitor - Google Search

It's COMING...

This Google evolution Kinda reminds me of how eBay killed itself (back in the day).

In the late 90's and early 2000's, eBay was the ecommerce beast and had no peers. eBay's CEO Meg Whitman saw the deep pockets of Corporations moving sales into eBay. She raised ad rates way way way up to grab all she could get.

A million tiny mom and pops selling "stuff" on eBay died, ... and there went the neighborhood. eBay's sellers, were its biggest shoppers. eBay knee-capped itself.

Google has the search market cornered AND it's paid solutions still satisfy the shopper. Until that scenario changes, BUY GOOG.https://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:GOOG