• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Uncle Joe's Make Over Diary

Marketing Grunts, if you're building content, here are the results from a giant NADA survey that can fuel all kinds of ZMOT to FMOT thoughts.

View attachment 820

If you're a John Ross disciple (like I am), this is manna from heaven.

I use the Table above as a guide to create digital content (aka ZMOT)

The 2nd half of the NADA study was to ask BUYERS what "rang their bell"
Microsoft Excel - Buyer Survey  [Protected View] 1242012 62947 AM.jpg
I use this table as a merchandising and operations guide. This is clearly a FMOT tool.

Read DealerRefresh and Prosper.

Reactions: 1 person
VDP Scroll Depth map.
How far down do shoppers scroll? How engaging is your content? Can you keep them on the page longer? Can you get them to scroll lower? Can you dish up valuable content way down low? Do they want to interact lower on the page? At what point on the page is the LEAD GENERATING FORM most valuable to the shopper?

White = 100%
Yellow >> Red = 75% to 50%
Green = 50% to 30%
(ignore the banding at the top of the page)

All VDPs new test -1st try scroll map-page-001.jpg

Video Engagement stats too!

Ever since I saw Erin's video work a year ago, I've felt that the video walk around can really impact sales. Then, after the Zappo's press release of a 6% to 30% lift in conversions after adding video, I got more interested. Finally, after Ed Brooks find of the eBag.com video walk around, I WAS HOOKED http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/does-video-really-increase-time-site-1974.html#post16014.

We've got 1400 used units here, there's no way we can video them all, so I stuff a default video that preaches our value added goodies. Here's engagement stats from 3 different spokesmen

40% view till the end
Shelly & Holly VIP Video engagement.jpg

76% view till the end
Todd VIP Video engagement.jpg

Just launched last night.
Shelly VIP Video engagement.jpg

Marketing decisions are often made by HIPPO's or by the marketing guy's giant Ego ;-)

Digital stats with before and after keep HIPPOs and EGOs focused on the real goal... and thats selling more cars!!