• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Video Solutions for Dealer Websites

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
New Car Video - Used Car Video and Custom Dealer Videos for your dealership website.

Who are you using for Video and WHY??

Video has always been a discussion here on DealerRefresh - not just here in the forum but also several articles have been written on the Blog as well.

Example:

Car Dealers Embrace Online Video & Automotive Online Video Marketing Trends

What's Wrong With Video?

What I want to know is; IF you are using video on your dealership website or are evolved in Online Video Marketing / VSEO - What company are you using??

Why do you like them OR why don't you like them?

Vendors that are currently offering video solutions for dealers include.

1. AutosOnVideo
  2. Unity Works! Media
  3. Dealer.com Video Solutions
  4. Walkaround Video by Authntk

Please feel free to add to the list...

Again, share with is who you use for Video and what your overall thoughts are on online video marketing.

Dealer.com currently offers video in a few different flavors:

- Inventory videos for new and used inventory
Inventory videos are integrated into an automated video blog that uses the transcript of the video in text in each blog post. Essentially adding a new page of SEO friendly content for each of your vehicles.

- Promotional Videos
Promotional videos combine all of your image assets that carry a specific tag. For instance, if a dealership is having a SUV event, these vids will be created to show several of the SUV's in the event

- Dealership Video
Any video assets a dealership has can be uploaded to the site using our video upload toolkit.

Regardless of which vendor a dealership uses, the increases in performance are undeniable. Time on site is the metric that we pay most attention to and it of course has a waterfall effect on many other metrics. In my mind it's no longer a question of whether a site should have video but rather how can the site accommodate more video than ever before.

Last edited by a moderator:
We do whitelabel video players and content on a case-by-case basis at TuneyFish, and as far as VSEO goes.... lets just say we're doing a really exciting project (hint: look at my profile pic). :lol:

Send me a PM if anyone wants help with video, glad to discuss options.

Dealer.com currently offers video in a few different flavors:

- Inventory videos for new and used inventory
Inventory videos are integrated into an automated video blog that uses the transcript of the video in text in each blog post. Essentially adding a new page of SEO friendly content for each of your vehicles.

- Promotional Videos
Promotional videos combine all of your image assets that carry a specific tag. For instance, if a dealership is having a SUV event, these vids will be created to show several of the SUV's in the event

- Dealership Video
Any video assets a dealership has can be uploaded to the site using our video upload toolkit.

Regardless of which vendor a dealership uses, the increases in performance are undeniable. Time on site is the metric that we pay most attention to and it of course has a waterfall effect on many other metrics. In my mind it's no longer a question of whether a site should have video but rather how can the site accommodate more video than ever before.

Matt,

Consider adding a Video Testimonials section. We kinda took over one of the sections with them but I know there must be a better way!

I do a lot of video. In house and 3rd party. I have it all over my 2 bit half baked Indie site. Here's what I can offer.

3rd party:
I love the Test Drive videos by WheelsTV.net We nestle the WheelsTV test drive videos on the VDP (Vehicle Detail Page) under the tab marked "Video". See it here: Used 2008 Infiniti G35 For Sale Near Syracuse NY. If you get it this content, be warned there are different resellers. Make triple sure the video is hosted thru BrightCove (or other top tier broadcast grade Video Host).

In house:
We use an ad agency to assist us with Commercial broadcast video. We produce 4-6 different 30 minute TVshows every single month and a dozen different to TV spots too. All of it gets cut up and reused on our site(s). VDP video can be seen here: Used 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer For Sale Near Syracuse NY Lower right of the page (below the fold).

Value added videos:
Littered all over Service Department | Syracuse, Utica, Binghamton, Rochester, Central New York Lower right of the page (below the fold).

Landing page videos.
PPC and SEO landing page videos. Used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse AWD in Syracuse and Cortland! | Special Offers in Central New York Really cheezy, but, for some un-explainable reason people watch them and stay on the page longer (maybe they can't find the complaint form!) Built with a standard 5mg $200 camera and free video editing software and free music loops

Walk around videos
My data entry peeps do walk arounds on as many cars as they can (in between everything else). Used 2009 Kia Rondo For Sale Near Syracuse NY

Nothing but video.
A beta site, dedicated to nothing but video. UsedCarKing.tv Videos broke into vehicle segments. Lack of time has prevented me from expanding on this one further.

The Video host makes you or breaks you...
If the video is choppy or takes too long to load or is always "stopping & spooling" or pixelating, all your work is junk. Broadcast quality hosts have the best technology. I decided on ooyala.com (dumb name but they're very good).

vSEO.
I did a months worth of vSEO tests 2 years ago (back when google liked video on page one). I never liked the performance metrics, people rarely played them all the way thru, and there was no call to action, so, I let go of vSEO a long time ago. My GPOM sucks, so vSEO has some value, but, Brian Pasch is noticing less vSEO SERPs.

Last edited:
Hi Nathan,

I love what I see on infiniti of Lisle. What you guys have done with your video testimonials is awesome and in fact is a best practice I share with many dealers. For those of you who haven't seen it, check out their Testimonials page here.

Thanks for the feedback!

Nathan - in the Dealer.com Control Center there is a "Edit page metadata" button in the top left part of where you edit your web pages. You should hop in there and update this page. If you need help, let me know. Other than that, great job :thumbup: