• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Vinsolutions problems with CRM and website

sryan

Desk Monkey
Aug 18, 2012
First Name
S
We use both the VIN CRM and website

Problems I've been having and I created a ticket with support last week.

1.) prices are not feeding to our website on any vehicles. This is beyond frustrating.

2.) I no longer can see when customers are opening emails. I do not receive a read receipt from them anymore.

Is anyone else having these problems? I have called support..."We are working on it"

if it were me, I would call support and have them check the feed to verify they are receiving pricing while I'm on the phone with them. Then I would a) 3 way in the feed provider if the pricing is missing or b) have the tech check the primary price/secondary price structure in settings. At my store I suspect I have a salesmanager running around somewhere that thinks he has a clever way to pull pricing off the website when he's working a deal, because I have to fix this setting frequently when people mess with it.

We still receive the read receipt notice within the customer record. However the "Emails Read" total on the management dashboard is not recording data. We have a ticket in for that as well.

No pricing issues between the CRM inventory module and website on my end, all is working fine. Have you checked the settings for DMS override? Settings>CRM Settings> Inventory Settings The last time we had an issue someone with admin access changed one of those settings that created a situation that you're describing.