• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Virtual Inventory Sales - Looking for Additional Pilots

MITengineer

Green Pea
Dec 2, 2016
First Name
Christopher
Hey All -

We're looking for additional pilot dealerships to trial our virtual inventory plugin.

You: "What is virtual inventory?"

Great question theoretical forum member:
(1) Its yet-unowned inventory thats available upstream in wholesale, fleet, or lease return inventory.
(2) We create a plugin for most dealer used-inventory sites so if a customer doesn't find what they're looking for they can order that car from available inventory online while still browsing through results.

You: "Do you have any results?"

Another great question theoretical forum member. Yes we do. In our trials:

(1) Site conversion is hovering just under 7% of visitors:leads
(2) Incremental sales virtual sales have varied from 100-137 units/month for one dealership in trial

Happy to share a lot more in detail, just looking for industrious folks to help refine and trial the product (100% free). If interest is sufficient I can have a sales trainer available (who sold 40+ units/month of virtual inventory).

Thanks -
Chris

Hey All -
You: "What is virtual inventory?"

Great question theoretical forum member:
(1) Its yet-unowned inventory thats available upstream in wholesale, fleet, or lease return inventory.
(2) We create a plugin for most dealer used-inventory sites so if a customer doesn't find what they're looking for they can order that car from available inventory online while still browsing through results.

I've worked with a number of dealerships in SoCal who have tried to enrich their physical inventory with 'ready-to-order' cars that were still at auction or available for a buy-now price upstream. All of the dealers who piloted 'virtual inventory' sold 10 - 12% incremental units per month, it's amazing!

The philosophy is: 'Never say no' to a customer!

I want to better understand how you work so I can potentially make referrals. Can you tell us a bit more about:

1) how does it work from the dealer's perspective?
2) what's the price?
3) are there any measurable benefits or is it just a marketing thing?

Thumbs up here!

SP

Last edited: