• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Wanted to get some opinions on when to get chat on website and expected conversion rates

Jan 10, 2014
First Name
Shawn
I was hoping to get some opinions on live chat added to our dealership website:

1)When is a good time to get chat on a dealership website (how many visitors/traffic should you have) ?

2)Expected conversion rates/ROI with live chat?

3)Best landing page(s) for chat agent?

4)Any recommended vendors?

5)What is more popular among customers using chat used/new cars?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice!

We use Active Engage and they do a awesome job. 40 percent of our leads come from chat and we get a lot of traffic and a lot of leads...You have to have chat on your website its a necessity and it has to be through a managed chat company. It is worth every penny!

Reactions: 1 person
My input is below, and we always welcome a chance to offer free advice.

1) The time to add Chat is NOW. If you are big enough to budget money for Autotrader.com or Cars.com, then chat has to be part of your marketing strategy.

2) Conversions and ROI vary dramatically, depending on whether you work through the challenges of setting it up in-house or using a proven hosted provider. Free software is available but you need to commit the kind of dedication to people and process that you do with a new CRM.

3) EVERY page should have a chat invite pop up (proactive) - there is a science to this, as far as delay, duration, and frequency.

4) The market leaders (including us at CarChat24) all have different philosophies - I'd look for retail management experience

5) I used to prepare lead tracking reports at a BMW / MINI store, and new and used cars showed positive results.

I was hoping to get some opinions on live chat added to our dealership website:

1)When is a good time to get chat on a dealership website (how many visitors/traffic should you have) ?

Last year, or if you are asking what time of the day then the answer is all day.

2)Expected conversion rates/ROI with live chat?

Vary just like the do from site to site, make to make, market to market, etc

3)Best landing page(s) for chat agent?

All

4)Any recommended vendors?

Check the forum

5)What is more popular among customers using chat used/new cars?

Service