• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Warning: DealerTrack Web Finance Form Users :Warning

Art,

1st, ask yourself, is the software "mission critical"? If yes, then embrace the product, roll up your sleeves and help them fix it. You'll be amazed how important your calls to them become!

QUESTION: Do you know the names of the support staff? You need to know them as best you can. Then, go up the food chain! Do you know the names of the Support Supervisors? No everyone on their end is happy with their job, you must remember names of the players that care (they always know if you care AND they know otjher caring people and they take shortcuts ;-)!

SUMMARY: Where ever you go, for as long as you live, software systems will fall short of your needs. People built that software to make you happy. Learn the names of the players that make that software hummm and help them help you.

And if that fails: Out em on DealerRefresh

Some of my best friends were vendors. Most of them want to see me back in a store. As good as it usually is, I can twist off on one when they over-promise and under-deliver or if they ever lie to me.

The fact remains, vendors don't want to have their dirty laundry aired on DealerRefresh.

I’d say the most valuable tool in vendor relations is knowing which vendor can help you reach your goals, then make that vendor your partner. Sell that vendor your vision with a smile and back slapping enthusiasm and you’ll find above average service and someone who gives a sh*t about you, because you need them. And in the end, tell me, who doesn’t like to be needed?

Pure gold, I wish I had said it. This is a best practice for owners => Managers => the floor => detail/porters. Get people to buy into the idea of YOU and THEM together, kicking ass. I wish I saw more of that in this business. It feels awesome and gets shit done.

Good News!

Keith Roller, VP of Service at DealerTrack has reached out to me and we're mendin' fences!

DealerRefresh'ers, this is a classic example of how DealerRefresh.com and the DR community can make a big difference in your world!

UPDATE! While doing research, I forgot to update this thread!
Keith Roller of DealerTrack called in 2 other managers, Francine Carstensen and Shawn Curran and I was stunned at the level of effort everyone put out. My problems are solved and everything has been working well.

After this giant effort to fix what was broken, I found myself feeling extra loyal to DealerTrack.

This brings me full circle to an interesting NADA survey that found the MOST LIKELY shopper to repurchase at your store will be the shopper WITH A PROBLEM, that was resolved by a manager.

POLICY IS NOT A POST-SALE EXPENSE, IT'S AN ADVERTISING EXPENSE.

We spend freely to bring back old customers... Why not win them over and let them tell their happy experience to others along the way?

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, way to deep dive and solve the vendor's problem for them...or at least do their research. We have the same problem in my software business in that our tech guys are constantly solving problems faster on their own and then letting the mfgr know about it. First tier support is a joke for us too.

UPDATE! While doing research, I forgot to update this thread!
Keith Roller of DealerTrack called in 2 other managers, Francine Carstensen and Shawn Curran and I was stunned at the level of effort everyone put out. My problems are solved and everything has been working well.

After this giant effort to fix what was broken, I found myself feeling extra loyal to DealerTrack.

This brings me full circle to an interesting NADA survey that found the MOST LIKELY shopper to repurchase at your store will be the shopper WITH A PROBLEM, that was resolved by a manager.

POLICY IS NOT A POST-SALE EXPENSE, IT'S AN ADVERTISING EXPENSE.

We spend freely to bring back old customers... Why not win them over and let them tell their happy experience to others along the way?
This further strengthens my decision to integrate my paper file scanning software (invoices, deals, ROs) to Dealertrack!