• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Webinar - TCPA advise for Dealers with Leadid and experts

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
With the discussions around TCPA here in the forums. This is a bit last minute but a very relevant webinar you may want to attend.

TCPA lawsuits are coming.
Not If, But When: Cover Your Act in TCPA Litigation
Safeguard your dealership/business.

It’s not a question of if; it’s a question of when. In this comprehensive, 60-minute, expert-led session, we will discuss how you can be safe when the tidal wave of TCPA litigation reaches your business. Q&A will follow, and registered attendees will also receive a recording of the presentation afterward.

Sign up for the webinar here -- http://www.leadid.com/webinars/2014/not-if-but-when-tcpa-litigation

Date: Wednesday, December 10th, 2014 at 1pm EST/10am PST
Duration: 60 minutes
Speakers:
  • Rachel Hirsch, Esq., Senior Associate, Ifrah Law
  • Jack Bowen, Chief Marketing Officer, AcademixDirect
  • Derek Smyth, Director, Business Development, LeadiD

Some takeaways I got and these are not exact quotes...
Jack (I missed his last name) form the webinar said:
In order to be compliant with TCPA you must be able to prove unequivocally that you have permission to contact that person. And it seems that all lead generators have complied enough, within the last year, to prove that.

Rachel Hirsch said:
You may have to settle litigations within every state there has been a violation. Fines can be as little as $500, but settlements can be a different story. Damages do not have a financial cap.

Good intentions is not a good reason to contact someone who did not give you permission to contact them. That also means if you accidentally call the wrong number, you could be breaking TCPA compliance.
....I have to question that one as I can't see someone getting sued for TCPA on dialing a wrong number UNLESS they tried to solicit that person they accidentally called. In that case, it would be hard to argue you didn't intentionally call that person.

Rachel Hirsch continued said:
If the action was taken by a third party agent and it was authorized by you, you could be the liable one. If the third party reaches out without your consent (and you have proof you didn't give them consent) then they could be liable.

You want to settle with individuals quickly in order to cut the time down for a class action lawsuit to be built with multiple people.

Jack (I missed his last name too but he works for LeadId) said:

I had to jump out 20 minutes early, so I left off as Jack was explaining this slide in depth. Good slide though.

In the 40 mins I listened to I found things to be fairly informative. I really liked Rachel's portion because she spoke to actual lawsuits that have happened.

Reactions: Bill Simmons