• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What are the best Facebook Apps to install on your business page?

Koton

Full Sticker
Jul 25, 2017
First Name
Jake
Hello Dealer Refresh,

I have recently been updating and starting to manage the Facebook page at our dealership as it was being neglected before I started. I have been given admin access to make updates, and was wondering what apps you guys have installed that help with your Facebook. I would really like an app that has feeds our inventory into Facebook, but don't really have a monthly budget for Facebook currently beyond a bit of advertising cash. So the best free ones preferably, but I expect I will eventually get a budget beyond advertising so ones you pay for are also welcome suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

You can install inventory apps, etc. but from my measurements, they perform poorly. Organic timeline posts aren't going to bring you much either.

Rather, concentrate your efforts on understanding which paid ads perform better in your demographic. Fine tune that protocol and pound it. The cost for the reach is outstanding at FB. If you don't have a budget for it, make a case for it.

FB Page Apps can be somewhat useful for small businesses who don't have a website and use their FB Page as their home on the web. But for a dealership, not so much. The reality is, most business pages rarely are revisited once the page is 'liked'. And sometimes the page is never seen at all because the 'like' comes via a plugin on a website or as a recommendation/page promotion in your newsfeed.

I can't remember the last time that I willfully went back to an actual FB Page for a company or brand that I 'liked'. Their content gets consumed in my timeline through organic and promoted posts.

To echo what Alex mentioned above, Facebook is a fantastic platform for paid advertising. The targeting capabilities are fantastic, and the cost is more than reasonable. A small budget can go quite a long way.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
Facebook just announced Messenger Ads today. They are slowly rolling out being able to show ads in Messenger. The ads won't be part of conversations, but it will show up in the conversation inbox.

screen-shot-2017-07-11-at-11501-pm.png

Couple sources:
https://www.facebook.com/business/news/introducing-the-messages-objective-for-facebook-ads
http://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-messenger-ads-2017-7

• Useful
As jason said, the business page is not something that people visit often once they like it, so it's better to leverage Facebook for advertising.

That said we use LeadsBridge App for Lead Ads - a type of ads specifically designed for generating new leads from Facebook.
Leadsbridge syncs our Facebook lead ads with Advent (but actually you can integrate every crm through ADF/XML format) and it also builds automatically the audiences for your ads from the CRM segments - so you can automatically retarget them

• Useful
As jason said, the business page is not something that people visit often once they like it, so it's better to leverage Facebook for advertising.

That said we use LeadsBridge App for Lead Ads - a type of ads specifically designed for generating new leads from Facebook.
Leadsbridge syncs our Facebook lead ads with Advent (but actually you can integrate every crm through ADF/XML format) and it also builds automatically the audiences for your ads from the CRM segments - so you can automatically retarget them
There you go! :)