• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What Defines A Successful Automotive Social Media Strategy

I haven't had time to read Ed Brook's link to Jay Bayer, clues maybe in there, but, from my seat right now, just like Social Media itself, you may not beable to pigeon hole it into a ranking system. This connects to Rob Fantano's great observation that SM has to be created inhouse because its an extension of the spirit of the stores leadership (see rant above ;-)
Nothing that Jay says in his post will convince anyone to more actively pursue Social Media. But if you do have a Social Media program in place, it gives some insight into a few meaningful metrics to monitor - well beyond 'fan count' and 'likes'.

@David..I like the suggestion of the Joey Award for Social Media
@Joe, I agree that leadership is essential for any business and I recently wrote about dealer principals needing to lead their dealers which would require an investment in education: Automotive Education Will Create Leaders

So you have to be on my awards review committee! Agreed?

Agreed.

For the record.

Leadership ain't easy.
If it was, everybody would be doing it ;-)

John Eagle European does a great job on Facebook. Why? Because their cars are awesome...therefore their content is awesome. Therefore they get followers and engagement.

Dealers forget - you sell cars. Cars are cool. Talk about them or how best to maintain them.

Nobody wants a gingerbread cookie recipe from their Honda Dealer (true story).

John Eagle European

Last edited:
John Eagle European does a great job on Facebook. Why? Because their cars are awesome...therefore their content is awesome. Therefore they get followers and engagement.

Dealers forget - you sell cars. Cars are cool. Talk about them or how best to maintain them.

Nobody wants a gingerbread cookie recipe from their Honda Dealer (true story).

John Eagle European

I was 100% agreeing with you Terrence, until I saw this... Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies gulp.

hahaha just amazing!