• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What Do Customers Prefer?

Apr 28, 2009
First Name
Jerry
If given the choice between calling, text, chatting or emailing, what do you think the preferred contact method is for customers choosing to engage your business? This is probably a question not one person here could answer. Better yet, what would the distribution percentage look like?

Well these are questions I would like to answer and with your help I will provide some great feedback on these questions. I have developed a new tool for websites called Talk Options. See example below of the Talk Options widget deployed on the Recon Ninjas website.

Recon Ninjas.png

Here is a video of what happens when clicking on the icons in the widget.

It’s basically a widget that resides on every page of your website and customers are given the choice on how they engage your business. Between now and the end of July I will allow any dealership the opportunity to participate in this study at no charge. If you would like to participate please call me at 585-749-2015 and we will get you setup in less than 30 minutes. You can also sign up at Talk Options.

For the record I did run this by Jeff Kershner before posting. Yes I am promoting my new company, but I will also be offering the community value by providing feedback on customer engagement. And you get to try Talk Options for free over the next 45 days.

Last edited:
I guess I could have just gone to the Phone Ninjas site. That works though.
Where do the reviews come from? Proprietary reviews or integration with anything?

I may be interested in trying this, I just have to talk to my team lead about those phone call requests and how fast we could return those calls - do you have a standard for "acceptable" you've found in this area?

Craig, The reviews are hosted and managed in our back end tool. So the customer could look at reviews or leave a review. With the call option here is what happens: customer puts in their phone number and then the system will auto dial and record the call. When setting up the system, you can choose to have the call originate at the dealership or with the customer. Hope that makes sense?

We would still use our current chat provider? Texting would be through TalkOptions? and Calls would ring dealership, connect to appropriate department and then connect to customer or vice-versa depending on choice?

Our chat is free and will always be free. If you want to continue using your current chat provider, we could set it up so when the customer clicks on the chat box icon it will populate your current chat providers back end.

Text will be handled through Talk Options. We can even text enable your existing land line.

Yes, calls can be bi-directional and will connect to the number you assign. Ping me for a demo.

Reactions: Karen Ann