• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What does everyone think of ERA Ignite?

DealerIntelligence

Full Sticker
Aug 31, 2011
First Name
John
I have a client that is considering going on the 6 month free trial of ERA Ignite. We have heard that the interface is way better then the old ERA system.

We are also really interested in the new 'Dashboard' feature... we have seen some screenshots. Has anyone used this Dashboard, and can tell what it does exactly?

Is this new upgrade worth anything?

- DealerIntelligence

As Reynolds user we are on Contact Management, DMS, Desking, and much more. I have to say although I have had my differences with some of the RCI and the problems it has caused for us in the past I feel that Reynolds has really listened and helped me to get things back in working order. I just visited the Reynolds booth at NADA and am totally impressed with DocuPad, the new ERA Ignite and the new Contact Management. Everything is just as powerful as it was before but much more user friendly and I look forward to using it to my make job easier. I love the ERA Ignite dashboard page, from a GM or Dealer perspective it's like running 30 different 6910 reports all at the same time and seeing only the data I need.

I went to Reynolds booth at NADA. I looked at Ignite and liked it. Their CRM is fair at best we have used it for the last 5 years and its not easy. I use their Desking and its very good. I use it every day. I did a demo of the Docupad at NADA and like it. I asked for a price on 5 docupads. The first thing they asked me was " What is your average gross in F&I" and I responded " I have no idea" on purpose. They guy who did the demo went to some other guy at a podium to get me a price. He came back to me and said they could not give me a price right now...I got up and left..They spend almost 7 figures to go to NADA and can not quote me a price...What a joke!

Reactions: 2 people
No transparency in pricing? No price quote? Sounds familiar doesn't it.

That may actually make for a cool thread: Transparency in sales outside our everyday usual discussion of buying and selling cars.

Is this an area where automotive is actually -- dare we say -- progressive?? Consumer demand has driven auto dealers to the "brink" of transparency... not so with all consumables, right? (What's the invoice on that Craftsman chainsaw??). Not to take this discussion in a different direction... just thinking out loud.

I will say I was only given an estimate of Docupad monthly price at the show, something about it depends on what other services you have.. I would like one just to see what impact it makes. If it significantly improves PVR then I will get one for each F&I managers office. I will say I am just getting into ERA IGNITE and the reports for example, Open RO, is so much easier to read and use than in blue screens.

I'd be curious to hear you're guys ballpark fees with ignite. I renegotiated my store's RR contact about a year ago and they offered us a 6 mo free trial. I declined because they told me if we elected to use it past the 6 month trial there would be a 5-figure ($xx,xxx) one-time set up fee, on top of the per-user licenses required. I told them it was absurd for me to pay a set up fee on something they would already HAVE to set up for the demo.

Reactions: 1 person