• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What's your policy on leaving sold units advertised online?

Sounds like you need to stock a few more used Mustang GT's

It's funny because the vehicle that gets the most sold views every month is typically something with a fairly rare status.
This particular unit had 24,000km and was a California Special, so I imagine the link was distributed amongst fans as a low KM 2014 GT.
Doesn't mean they shouldn't buy more, but that "special vehicle" status can really light up my reports.

That's what this bad boy does to me every week: http://www.richmondhillhyundai.com/inventory/used/6199/2011/Subaru/Impreza
Steals all the views, none of the wallets.

I wanted to add input from our dealer.

We have been leaving sold units up for about 4 years now and it has benefited us.
  • Seeing the number of sold units (relative to your primary inventory base) has placed confidence in the customer to shop and ultimately make a purchase from us.
  • This has directed Google searches and traffic to our website. The unit may be sold, but the customer is simply a click away from seeing real-time inventory.
  • It can be helpful if you need pictures/information regarding an old unit and past customer.
  • It does add to phone traffic because customers will call for a sold unit.

• Useful
Reactions: craigh
Love the ideas. Is there not a limit in CA on how long after you SELL a car that you are no longer allowed to ADVERTISE it? Or does marking it SOLD cover you for compliance on not advertising it? As it is being used to PROMOTE it seems you would be using it to advertise or advertising it, slight semantic difference but what would DMV say? I am not trying to antagonize or question anybodys point. I am not sure myself. If I decide I want to keep up sold units, am I opening myself to violation of dealer advertising regulations? Thanks