• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Which CRM are you using?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the transition to a new CRM an easy process? Seem some of my sales reps aren't too eager to accept change.

No matter who you go it's going to feel different. Salespeople don't like different. They like what they know and understand. When you put something foreign in from of them they automatically pushback. Once they start using and understand the added benefits of the new CRM, they will change their opinion. The key to streamline this process is to have a trainer come onsite. Spend the money for the trainer and you'll accelerate the learning process.

Jerry
you are so right the importance of onsite training cannot be overstated. The success especially early on really depends on the the amount and quality of the training you receive.

I'd also ask for a bio on the trainer. Some are better than others. When I used to train dealerships on CRM, I would spend a lot of time before arriving getting the dealer ready for my visit. Not all trainers will put in the extra effort to make for a smooth delivery process.

I was really happy today! As most of you are very savvy Automobile people you know that no matter what we do to improve business for the store there will be crumblers and complainers. As I was basically the only decision maker for our new CRM, Vin Solutions, no matter what I knew I'd hear all the negative feedback based solely on change. Well it all paid off today. One of our seasoned veterans who is not the most Internet savvy came up to me today and said,"You know, I was really worried about this new program but I really like it. I can get a real feel for what's going on with my customers. It really is a tool that helps me see the big picture". Let's just say it made my day. Thanks Again Vin Solutions!

I've been personally using AutoRaptor and absolutely love it. AutoRaptor has been probably the single best thing I've bought since taking this department over.

Inventory integration
Desking tools
up-to-the-minute lease rates including incentives
built-in email
inventory / customer tracking based on key terms (pairing a new vehicle to an old customer who requested one)
ease of use
complete mobile phone integration
COST!!

Between Auction123 and AutoRaptor we've been very blessed.

We use a combo here of Dealerups.com and WebControl. The WebControl is required by our franchise Mitsubishi. Not too sure I like dealerups.com seems a little generic. Does anyone else use Dealerups that might have some helpful insight and suggestions to getting the most out of it?

I used Dealerups when I first got into BDC work about 6 years ago. You're right, it is very generic, basically an expanded version of Excel. I didn't find it very useful at all. There are a ton of better ones out there. I have been using a CRM called Aeros through a company called e-autobusiness for quite some time now. I am quite happy with it. Its very user friendly and customizable. In fact, I was doing some outsourced BDC work for about 20 dealers at one point and used Aeros as a lead portal to an auto dialer in a 50 person call center, and e-autobusiness wrote a custom integration to handle this. Just some thoughts!

We have 5 Chevy stores with a central BDC ... we use ADP-CRM in 3 of them which is cumbersome and overly complicated, but once you get used to it ...

Have been Autobase in another store for about 5 years and the last store we will be installing Dealersocket in a store that has been operating in the stoneage