• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Which CRM are you using?

:goodbye:Am I the only "fool" using Cobalt's Prospector/LMCC and GM's "One Source Tool"? I need a better mouse trap, can you hook me up with someone that will be straight forward and not be mean to me?

Thanks,
Mike Elmore

Call me tomorrow, I'll point you in the right direction. I am in a car for nine hours and I might as well be doing something productive while I am driving.

:goodbye:Am I the only "fool" using Cobalt's Prospector/LMCC and GM's "One Source Tool"? I need a better mouse trap, can you hook me up with someone that will be straight forward and not be mean to me?

Thanks,
Mike Elmore

Yup pretty much. :rofl:

Actually I used Prospector before Cobalt had purchased it (and after). They were on the right track, then once cobalt got a hold of it...they did a quick "clean-up" on the UI and that was about it. It found it's way to the shelf after that.

Prospector is more of an elaborate customer entry portal and the words "customer relations management" should in no way be associated with the program.

Prospector did have one feature that I have yet to see in other CRM's and that was it's "List/View Builder" for lack of better words. You could custom views to just about any way you want. By date, team, sales people, ad course, zip...etc, then you would save these views as favorites. That was a STRONG feature.

You can make Prospector work as a follow-up tool, lead management tool (sort of) but there are no bells and whistles. Cobalt has very little support and from what I hear, they don't even offer to dealers unless they ask about it.

Salete22 there are several CRM's out there with desking tools. VinSolutions, Dealer Socket, Promax to name a few. How important is the desking tool? What DMS are you using? You will want to make sure that the CRM can push the deal from desking into your CRM for completion. If desking is going to be a big factor in your decision you should try to get a demo account setup so that you can use it on a few deals and make sure that it works well for you.

Ok, I think we have made our decision on who we are going to go with, at least which 2 we have narrowed it down to to see at nada. I will let you guys know who we sign with. Thanks for all the help, and those who reach out to us through PM. you were able to provide some really good information on what to look for. I have to say are biggest disappointment was VINSolutions, after what everyone said we had high expectation, but it didn't meet it.

Thanks again, we love this forum.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the transition to a new CRM an easy process? Seem some of my sales reps aren't too eager to accept change.