• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Who's Going to DSES? Speak up!!

Super pumped to meet you all.

Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 4.27.37 PM.jpg

Dealer Inspire hasn't frequented many events so for many of you it will be our first introduction. In any case on behalf of my team and I, we can't wait.

I'm personally excited to see the presentations as the topics are pretty awesome. I will be speaking at 4:20 on Monday if you can make it.

My presentation will include website optimization testing and techniques using tools such as MixPanel, Optimizely, Amazon Turk, and more. I will also touch on how to track segments of the website using URL parameters. I hope to get pretty advanced in some of it so if you're into that stuff I promise not to disappoint :)

I will be presenting on Monday Afternoon.

My topic is "The Future of SEO: Web Presence Management."

I'm very excited to discuss my current viewpoint on the merging of digital marketing silos into a Web Presence Management team. I'll make the case that we should drop terms like SEO and SEM because they only further reinforce broken stereotypes.

Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 10.56.53 PM.jpg

I will also be there with my President Ben Anderson who is presenting on Monday @ 4:20pm on:

"The Showrooming Customer: Mobile strategies to combat the effects of showrooming at your dealership."
[h=2]Ben Anderson DSES 2014 .jpg[/h]Going Over:

• The State of the market with the latest showrooming data
  • Proactive offensive and defensive strategies to capitalize on this growing trend
  • What tools are at a dealers disposal and what are the best practices for 2015

I look forward to seeing everyone! Also word on the street (or should I say strip) is that DealerRefresh & AutoMotion are throwing a little get-together Monday from 5-8 @ Vdara. (more info here: - AutoMotion Dealer App)

The String Team will be there. Ken, Matty, Steve, Amy, & the latest addition to our team, Julie Lawton, will all be attending sessions and hosting DPS user sessions in our suite during the off hours of the conference. Reserve a one on one consultation with String Automotive or register for demo.

We land Saturday afternoon and depart at some point during JDPower, we haven't decided yet. Watch your email for an invite up to the String Suite during the afternoon and rotation breaks to get off the floor and catch a few snaps of the Cowboys vs. Seahawks game. If you're not already on the String mailing list, just ping me and we will add your name.

We look forward to connecting with all of you. DSES never disappoints. Congrats to the team from Harry Robinson Buick GMC for their time on the big stage in the best idea contest! Don't miss these smart southern ladies, they are making it happen in Fort Smith, AR.

Reactions: 1 person
Question: Who’s your highest-value prospect?

GM's and their Internet managers are invited to join me at Driving Sales for Success Stories in Search Remarketing & Advanced Mobile Search for Progressive Dealers on Sunday, October 12 at 3:45 pm.

Preview session content in this PDF.

nada_2015_netsertive_mclain_google.jpg

But back to my question. I would argue that all Internet shoppers aren’t created equal. So your top prospect would be Jane, the in-market shopper who just visited your website after conducting an Internet search.

It’s a solid bet that Jane is cross-shopping within a specific segment. This means that she’s in the market for a new sedan, but likely not tied to a specific brand (i.e. Ford) or model (i.e. Focus).

Once she browses your website and leaves to check out your competition, what tactics do you have in place to return and buy your model?

You'll learn, through several hands-on case studies, how to address these opportunities by combining two tactics that have been proven to drive increases in return website visits by cross-shoppers using mobiles and PCs.

#1: Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RLSAs)

You'll learn how to create remarketing lists inside Google AdWords, then place a corresponding a tracking pixel on one or more webpages. Each list allows you to roll up a high-value audience list of visitors based on the page they’ve last viewed.

#2: Conquest With Search

Your remarketing lists can be used to deliver targeted ads: both search and display ads. The most effective ads compare the segment the shopper just viewed with one they’re also researching at your competition. This is a new way to conquest in-market shoppers, and it’s driving enhanced results for dealers nationwide.

It’s this one-two punch–conquest remarketing–that’s changing the game. Dealers have driven a 40%-70% increase in clicks plus a 40-50% reduction in the total cost per conversion over standard campaigns.

Now it’s your turn.

If we haven't met - yet! - I'm a frequent speaker at national automotive marketing events, including NADA, Digital Dealer and regional associations, and I'm the senior marketing manager for Netsertive, a fast-growing digital advertising technology company and Google Premier SMB Partner driving sales opportunities to dealers through the power of Internet marketing technology.

In Success Stories in Search Remarketing & Advanced Mobile Search for Progressive Dealers, you'll learn:

- How these new Google tactics (your new “secret sauce”) work together to help progressive dealers dominate their market to sell 20 to 50 additional vehicles every month through case studies

- See real examples of dealers using Search Remarketing to drive up their qualified shopper click-through rate by more than 70 percent, while at the same time saving money by lowering their cost per conversion by almost half

- Go in-depth into enhanced campaigns, and learn how Google Premier Partners are helping dealers be found in strong positions on tablets and smartphones to win the zero moment of truth in their local market

See you in Vegas this weekend!

Tim McLain
@tmclain
[email protected]
919.800.9893 (cell)

I'll be there! If all goes well (fingers crossed) Delta will be dumping us at Las Vegas Int'l on Saturday at 1:30pm local time.

If someone is already onsite and wants to give 4 Michiganders a rickshaw ride to the Bellagio, that would be fantastic!

I'm also speaking Tuesday at 10:30am - Join me in the fabulous Cezanne 1 Ballroom where together we'll Blog to the Future!

I'm very exciting about seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones starting this weekend.

Looking forward to good times! :)

Attachments

• Jason-Stum-Blog-To-The-Future.jpg
    Jason-Stum-Blog-To-The-Future.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 2 people