• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Women in Automotive Announce First Female-Centric Conference

subi101

T.O.
Dec 13, 2011
First Name
Subi
With the increase in the number of women working in the automotive industry, there's an increased need for females in the industry to network, collaborate, and mentor one another. Women in Automotive, an organization that was founded by Christy Roman, Audrey Pinheiro, Joni Stuker, Jody Devere, Kate Frost, Kathy Gilbert, Renee Stuart, and Subi Ghosh will be having its first conference in 2015.

The event will be June 5th and 6th in Orlando, Florida. We will be focused on aiding and empowering the women in our industry to improve their skills, advance in their careers, and find the highest level of success in an industry that has been heavily male-oriented since its inception. We are pleased to be working with some great dealers and vendors across the country to promote the event and make it an amazing part of this incredible industry.

Our website is www.WomenInAutomotive.com - we will be posting more information there in the coming days. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to me or any of the founding members for more details.
1415-61e10b1004ad9e087d3f81063bf2806c.jpg

Attachments

• WomenInAutomotiveFirstMeeting.jpg
    WomenInAutomotiveFirstMeeting.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 1
I see your point Craig, but the reality is that there is a lot to overcome being a woman in this industry. I know. I've lived it. I wish it weren't the case, but it is. Women don't often know how to work up the ranks or that there are even opportunities present for them but furthermore, there are serious challenges and hurdles to even survive time in a dealership or even in . I know dealers that still refuse to hire female salespeople. So yes... equality is the goal... but even nationally with movements of equality for decades women still get paid less for the exact same job. Tons of studies show that still... Equality is a goal and is certainly not the reality today and even moreso in Automotive.

I hope that we don't need this type of thing in the future, but we do now. And so, we're serving up content, sessions, speakers, and motivation for an underserved and underrepresented population in Automotive because being a woman in Automotive... I see the need along with many many other women that would agree with me.

Reactions: craigh