• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What is the best looking setup/stage (floor, backdrop, lights) for taking pictures of vehicles in yo

We currently have a white/offwhite tarp/canvas as our backdrop, but we're not really happy with it. I think a black movie theater style curtain behind the car is going to look very sharp and classy, but not overdone.

We're currently updating our lighting system, then moving on to our backdrop. A great place for backdrops is Denny Manufacturing www.dennymfg.com. They're very helpful and even sent me several samples for free.

I'll update on exactly what we're doing with the lights tomorrow.

ouch.

2008_acura_tsx-pic-6433298714139767057.jpeg

One of my favorite sayings fits here: "just because its a good idea dosent mean it'll work"

Remember, Imagination and reality don't always line up...

Last edited:
Wow Stefan,

LOVE the interior lighting!!!
7aa715c90a0a006501a3551cb12e3f4a.jpg

Over 100k miles?!!??!!!

SOLD!
This photo booth gets my highest rating for best use of lighting.
You can see the "canopy" that created all that awesome diffused light
7aa70f8a0a0a006501a3551c698dbf1d.jpg

Are you kidding me? Just awesome!
0891e1810a0a00650096690565ce2d2a.jpg

I can see the subtle ribbing coming from the flouresents overhead, but, its well hidden. Spectacular lighting on a Craft Beer budget!!

All white Back drops create problems. White cars have such a hard time in white rooms
bd14b8a50a0a0064015978e730bbf32a.jpg

Black cars in white rooms drive most common digital cameras nuts. I am going to assume Your Black car (seen above) looks great because you've got a great camera.

Great Work Stefan! This is one of my favorites! Would you care to share some of your details?

• What did you use for the lighting?
  • What did you use for the canopy
  • What did you use for the walls?
  • What did you use for the floor?
  • What did you use for the Camera?
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Following Craig B's great post on goal setting.

My Photo Room Goal for 2011

badd%20ass%20stage.jpg

My backdrops are lame. I need to rev them up. Can you believe this (or something similar) is not that far out of reach??

If you have the lighting down (like Stefan's killer photo booth has) you can experiment with all kinds of large scale digital photographs and other creative elements to help you sell more cars.

I've had this pic on my desktop for a year. Thnx to Stefan's post, it's got me thinking again!

We all know Photo Booths can help sell cars and create higher gross, but they can be a black hole that sucks up mountains of time.

In other words...
What good is a photo booth that has to have everything "just right" for it to work? The right photographer, the right detailer, not raining that day, floors scrubbed from last vehicle, etc...).

We're ALL busy multi-tasking, beware the black hole called "lots of little details"!

@ Joe

Not my pictures Joe... I wish they were.

I was hoping that someone from The Thompson Organization - BMW, Lexus, Toyota & Scion Dealer | Doylestown, PA its a member here and they can help us out.

Here is some of my work:

00000017.png

2007 Mazda MAZDA3 MAZDASPEED3 GT For Sale in Reno NV, near Sparks, Carson City, Minden, Truckee and Lake Tahoe | Vin JM1BK34M071738290

00000018.png

00000019.png

00000020.png

2008 Lexus RX 350 AWD For Sale in Reno NV, near Sparks, Carson City, Minden, Truckee and Lake Tahoe | Vin 2T2HK31U48C067505

As you can see in the pictures above I am fighting the reflection ... I am working on getting a filter like the guys at Thompson ...

If a lot service company came out, set up a portable studio and delivered top notch vehicle merchandising, what would that be worth?

We have been contemplating deploying portable studios, but the cost is approximately $60k per mobile unit, one time cost. Some dealers said they would be willing to pay extra per vehicle, some an extra fee per month, but the ROI would be about 18 months.

What is the opinion on having this provided by the lot service company?

Thanks in advance.