• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Which CRM are you using?

I'm curious. We use SalesEdge today but have been looking at VINSolutions, DealerSocket and eCarList. I know not many people have heard about SalesEdge, and I've read a lot on this thread about VINSolutions. However, I've not heard much about eCarList. Does anybody use eCarList and if so I'd like to hear thoughts and how it might compare to VINSolutions.

Brad

@Brad - I've been having a heck of a time with VinSolutions support as of late. I love their interface, ease of use, and reporting for ILM, but their support model leaves something to be desired. I've been trying to run a report to close out the year for about a week now and every time I try to run it, VinSolutions crashes - haven't gotten a call back in over a week and a half.

We currently use salespoint (yuck) at our other Ford stores, but are looking into DealerSocket as it appears they have some nice reporting for the entire dealership - not just sales.

Hope this is somewhat helpful

-ChrisL
McFarland Ford & Hampton Ford Hyundai
clane (at) hamptonford.com

Hey Chris, I see you submitted a support case about a specific report 2 days ago. Although I just tried to run the report as described in the support case and the ROI report loaded just fine? We fixed an issue with it last week before you submitted the case. Please send me a private message about this and I will be glad to assist more.

Sorry about your support experience. We have recently hired a lot of new support people to continue to improve our support team. If you ever need anything, you can always contact me for help.

Your store currently only uses our internet leads (ILM) function. Our system has much more functionality as a full CRM, including for the service department. We also have lots of enterprise reporting across the dealer group.

@Brad - I've been having a heck of a time with VinSolutions support as of late. I love their interface, ease of use, and reporting for ILM, but their support model leaves something to be desired. I've been trying to run a report to close out the year for about a week now and every time I try to run it, VinSolutions crashes - haven't gotten a call back in over a week and a half.

We currently use salespoint (yuck) at our other Ford stores, but are looking into DealerSocket as it appears they have some nice reporting for the entire dealership - not just sales.

Hope this is somewhat helpful

-ChrisL
McFarland Ford & Hampton Ford Hyundai
clane (at) hamptonford.com

Ok, I think we have made our decision on who we are going to go with, at least which 2 we have narrowed it down to to see at nada. I will let you guys know who we sign with. Thanks for all the help, and those who reach out to us through PM. you were able to provide some really good information on what to look for. I have to say are biggest disappointment was VINSolutions, after what everyone said we had high expectation, but it didn't meet it.

Thanks again, we love this forum.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the transition to a new CRM an easy process? Seem some of my sales reps aren't too eager to accept change.
Hi - I would love to hear how they didn't meet your needs. We are looking at CRM's and I'm in love with Vin Solutions so far.

We're a consignment dealer focusing on classic, exotic and performance vehicles. We've been in business since 1978 and sell to all corners of the globe; a vast majority of our clients never set foot on US soil and rely on our descriptions, vehicle photos and videos. We have been doing everything manually and certain we are loosing business due to leads being missed, dismissed and not being processed to there ultimate outcome, etc... It seems that it will really enable us to bring our business to the next level. Thus far I have been looking at Vin Solutions (my current favorite), iMagic Lab, izomocars and DealerPeak.

Because we are not a traditional big-box store, I'm sure that all of them are going to offer some functionality that won't be a requirement of ours.

What might your thoughts/suggestions be?

@mattwatson - awesome - just ran it tonight and working great. I appreciate the response and getting it sorted out!

Hey Chris, I see you submitted a support case about a specific report 2 days ago. Although I just tried to run the report as described in the support case and the ROI report loaded just fine? We fixed an issue with it last week before you submitted the case. Please send me a private message about this and I will be glad to assist more.

Sorry about your support experience. We have recently hired a lot of new support people to continue to improve our support team. If you ever need anything, you can always contact me for help.

Your store currently only uses our internet leads (ILM) function. Our system has much more functionality as a full CRM, including for the service department. We also have lots of enterprise reporting across the dealer group.

Just wanted to say going to VinSolutions was the best decision I ever made. It still gives me warm fuzzies seeing features I request actually get read and implemented.

I just wish there was a way to get my managers to ACTUALLY TAKE THE TRAINING COURSES.