• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What are you using for your Photo Booth Curtains?

AHHHH! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!

$%28KGrHqQOKkIE23lny,n%28BNys%213Mebw%7E%7E_4.JPG

I think all 3 of those photos are about the same. The two with white backgrounds are slightly more catchy(?) but the first one isn't bad at all imho.

flosho,

The all white background creates a crystal clear thumbnail of the product. And... as long as all other sellers keep their non-white background, then, the all white background seller will enjoy a higher CTR than his rivals.

Logical?

flosho,

The all white background creates a crystal clear thumbnail of the product. And... as long as all other sellers keep their non-white background, then, the all white background seller will enjoy a higher CTR than his rivals.

Logical?

I agree to a point.

Wonder how many customer's feel like that photo is a stock photo or just not 'real life' enough for them?

I think having more than a white background is just fine, as long as it is not distracting from the subject of the photo.

Kevin- I'm with you on that. We don't have a photobooth either, not really any room. i just take our pictures out in front of the showroom and try to get the store logo in at least the main picture. but with rain, snow and sun glare, i really would love to have space for a booth. i'm open to any suggestions the DR community has on ways to improve pictures, and limit sun glare.

I agree to a point.

Wonder how many customer's feel like that photo is a stock photo or just not 'real life' enough for them?

I think having more than a white background is just fine, as long as it is not distracting from the subject of the photo.

I think you missed my point.

When scanning thru SRPs (Search Return Pages) IF a thumbnail visually seperates itself from the others, then higher CTRs are expected (merchandising 101).

Speaking of stock shots, I can think of no manuf'er that sells its iron in a sterile & featureless white room. If your thinking of "evox shots" you won't find any on ebay and they have 1/2 the background in a dark grey.