• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Homenet vs Firstlook

Yagode
vAuto is clearly the leader in market based pricing and vehicle stocking. The VinSolutions market pricing tool offers dealers an integrated lower cost alternative that contains a number of features that the above mentioned tools do not (customer value, service history, current wish lists). There are a lot of dealers that use vAuto and the VinSolutions pricing tools together to gain the advantages that both have to offer. We have had high level integration with both vAuto and Firstlook for quite some time and our dealers have the CHOICE to use the tool that best suits them. That is not saying that one tool is better than another, that is saying that we want to offer our dealers options. Remember VinSolutions started as an inventory management tool and we do not believe that any of our tools are "secondary" rather they are all part of the "full solution" that we offer our dealer partners.

Shawn,

VINSOL alternative is not more or less integrated than Homenet, Firstlook, or vAuto's would be... The integration of systems is of very little or no advantage nowadays.

[clarification] what I meant by integration of systems not being important I meant by the same company. Technology allows different companies to integrate their systems just fine thus allowing dealers to chose and use whatever systems they prefer or feel are the best at any one thing.

I wasn't trying to pit you against any other tools nor to make any statements as of which one is betetr than than the other, much of that is subjective to the user and its needs.

My point was focused on Mike's request for what tool to use and Matt Wattson clearly says that VINSOL's is not as strong. Lets leave there.

Last edited:
I actually really like Firstlook, but we need a total solution Inventory / Pricing / Bookout / Trade analyzer / I want it to be simple. To many GM's / SM's and Internet Reps, we want one thing, simplicity. I didnt mean to fire up you guys, but it is encouraging to know that constructive feedback is entertaining and very valuable. Alex, Jeff, thank you for your input. Keep in touch. Alex next time you're at the beach. Lunch on me this time.

I actually really like Firstlook, but we need a total solution Inventory / Pricing / Bookout / Trade analyzer / I want it to be simple. To many GM's / SM's and Internet Reps, we want one thing, simplicity. I didnt mean to fire up you guys, but it is encouraging to know that constructive feedback is entertaining and very valuable. Alex, Jeff, thank you for your input. Keep in touch. Alex next time you're at the beach. Lunch on me this time.
Mike, I don't come onto DealerRefresh to sell (normally). I'd be happy to speak with you offline if you wanted to find out more about what our capabilities are. I think it will boil down to your priorities. If you want inventory distribution primarily, with pricing and appraisal tools as an added value, there may be better choices for you. If you're looking for a robust Pricing, Stocking and Appraisal system with the ability to distribute inventory, we might be the right choice.

Total solution exist for as long as you are willing to put up with inferior products in some areas. There is also an advante of having a rep that lives of one product and is an expert at it.

If vauto is the best at analizing, egt vauto. If homenet is best at inventory, get homenet. etc. etc.

The car biz is just like boxing, 2nd best or 2nd place doesn't work. Get the best tool for each part you use.

Mike, I don't come onto DealerRefresh to sell (normally). I'd be happy to speak with you offline if you wanted to find out more about what our capabilities are. I think it will boil down to your priorities. If you want inventory distribution primarily, with pricing and appraisal tools as an added value, there may be better choices for you. If you're looking for a robust Pricing, Stocking and Appraisal system with the ability to distribute inventory, we might be the right choice.

Ed - I totally want to buy something off you. Once I get my own dealership we're talking :)

Reactions: 1 person
I actually really like Firstlook, but we need a total solution Inventory / Pricing / Bookout / Trade analyzer / I want it to be simple. To many GM's / SM's and Internet Reps, we want one thing, simplicity.

We just started using Firstlook a few months ago and very pleased with it so far as a pricing analysis tool. Curious if you made a decision and talked to HomeNet, their reps are in Hampton Roads right now, they came by today. I can't remember his name, but I have his card at the dealership if your interested.

We are currently using Dealer Specialties and they do our pictures, they are ok, but with HomeNet dropping by today its got me thinking and looking at options.

We just started using Firstlook a few months ago and very pleased with it so far as a pricing analysis tool. Curious if you made a decision and talked to HomeNet, their reps are in Hampton Roads right now, they came by today. I can't remember his name, but I have his card at the dealership if your interested.

We are currently using Dealer Specialties and they do our pictures, they are ok, but with HomeNet dropping by today its got me thinking and looking at options.

Eley,

What did you decide? I continue to be a big fan of vAuto. Dealer Specialties has a very good back-end tool. I was able to negotiate a deal where I could get my pictures at a better price, than the vendor we were using, which paid for Dealer Specialties back-end tool. This gave me the best pricing tool and a very good marketing tool.

Reactions: 2 people
We have been using QuickTurn/FirstLook/MaxAds for trade evaluation and market pricing (overview) for a little over a year. When we went with eLead in Feb. we left VIN as our Inventory Host and moved the responsibility over to FirstLook as well. Though I would have liked to have seen vAuto get a better look (we've still playing the dart game so I guess it wouldn't really help right now). Integration took a bit of work but the FirstLook people have been very responsive and open to suggestions.
As we can't even keep up with photographing our inventory (Thanks Glen & Will! DealerSpecialties is now getting us back on track) we are using the MaxAds comments and their Chrysler integration for merchandizing (better than nothing I guess). My personal favorite is the MaxAds for Selling that you get with FirstLook. I've found them very helpful to build trust with email only, info hungry, price focused leads.

Reactions: 1 person