• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Monthly Newsletters

GrantG

Boss
Feb 17, 2012
Awards
First Name
Grant
I have a quick question for you guys and gals. My GM and I were talking about our lack of long term follow up. I suggested that we add a process in REYREY to pick up where the ISMs leave off. You know, 60,90,120++++.

I also suggested that we look into doing a monthly newsletter that we an track to increase our website click count and SEO content. I know about 3birds & IMN from past research. Any other suggestions and examples would be appreciated and welcome! I'd also like to know what I should expect to be charged.

Feel free to send me a link to your newsletter if you'd like.

We send out newsletters, doesn't matter if the customer is buying today, tomorrow or next year. Once a month specials are sent out, no matter what part of the buying process you are in you're getting a special. Need a car? Sales specials, already bought or don't want to buy one? Boom. Service specials.. Why do we do this? Because we'll never lose touch with a customer, we put our brand right in their face and often.

As well, how great does it look to a potential customer, that are are actually offering monthly savings programs.. And then he looks at another dealer that has 3-4 boring service coupons on thier site. Then back to yours. 20 service coupons, a 1 month newsletter to SAVE them money.. Not to mention other cool incentives like a free-tv, ipad, bonus cash, etc. While the other dealer says here's the factory incentives, do what you want with them.

But 60, 90, 120 shouldn't be thought of as.. "hey it's cool we sent him a newsletter, he'll buy". It should be, we just sent him this awesome information about how we're looking for his trade and our incentives just changed, and now is the best time ever! And keep pushing with relevant interests that are PERSONAL to the customer. People get too afraid of the 6912 process, they don't want to piss anyone off, we'll you're doing what a good salesperson does, you're showing interest in the customer. If anyone's to be angry, they'll ask you to stop by replying back.

I have a quick question for you guys and gals. My GM and I were talking about our lack of long term follow up. I suggested that we add a process in REYREY to pick up where the ISMs leave off. You know, 60,90,120++++.

I also suggested that we look into doing a monthly newsletter that we an track to increase our website click count and SEO content. I know about 3birds & IMN from past research. Any other suggestions and examples would be appreciated and welcome! I'd also like to know what I should expect to be charged.

Feel free to send me a link to your newsletter if you'd like.

Grant, looks as if you're considering 2 good services. I love the 3 Bird Marketing user interface. Once of the best I've ever seen.

While you're doing your research, check out 1to1 News. Malinda is a frequent contributor here on DealerRefresh and offers a very personalized service. I have my dealers using her with great success. Matter of fact, my Mercedes dealer hit a 43% open rate last month. That's one solid open rate!

If you don't have a solid strategy around email marketing, you're missing out. A consumer focused newsletter fits nicely into this strategy.

Do yourself a favor and get your dealer into Remarketing. So as your newsletter is driving traffic back to your website, you can continue to offer a relevant message in the form of display marketing over the next several weeks.

Jeff- Thanks for the 1to1 plug. Melinda emailed me yesterday and we are now playing phone tag.

I have a follow up question to you all. How should I evaluate the various cost associated with newsletters? My GM is opposed to DMS access and wants to send the newsletter from the store. I told him this is NOT the best way to control cost, increase open rates, click throughs and track ROI. Would anybody agree or disagree? This is all new to us here and we are trying to learn to crawl before we walk, etc.

Grant I have been with Malinda for a few months now and she is awesome! Sharp, easy to work with and shows results! You definitely want to allow DMS access because she will provide you with amazing reports to show ROI. Although we do sell cars, the number #1 thing people will click on in your newsletter is service offers. Her reports dial in and show gross profit from service RO's as well as sales. Tell your GM not to worry...One-to-One will only use your data for your benefit.

Thank you Alex and Jeff for your kind words about our 1to1 Newsletters.

It is nice to be recognized by two men whose intelligence is only exceeded by their good looks, have improved humanity with their gift for automotive marketing excellence and have… I should probably stop now. :D

Can we revive this thread and get some solid recommendations on the dealerships/user side on auto specific newsletter companies.

IMN
3Birds
1to1news
others??
etc.

What have you used and why do you like it. What kind of stats have you tracked/seen?