• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Lead Response Services

prbrooks3104

Lot Lizard
Apr 20, 2012
First Name
Preston
I use Overnight BDC (bettercarpeople) they are absolutely awful!!! I need another company to replace them with, can anybody make some suggestions? I wouldn't use a BDC agency at all if we were not a GM Dealer!!! But since GM fails to use common since in there practices i have to. I love my job but im not gonna stay awake all night to respond to leads i actually enjoy sleeping!!!

I use Overnight BDC (bettercarpeople) they are absolutely awful!!! I need another company to replace them with, can anybody make some suggestions? I wouldn't use a BDC agency at all if we were not a GM Dealer!!! But since GM fails to use common since in there practices i have to. I love my job but im not gonna stay awake all night to respond to leads i actually enjoy sleeping!!!

I'm pretty sure you don't need to be responding to leads at night anymore as there is no longer an incentive to respond within an hour -- unless I'm mistaken? Why are you still responding to leads at night? My understanding is that it used to be tied to SFE $$$ but I don't think that is the case anymore.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to be responding to leads at night anymore as there is no longer an incentive to respond within an hour -- unless I'm mistaken? Why are you still responding to leads at night? My understanding is that it used to be tied to SFE $$$ but I don't think that is the case anymore.

Just because there is no $$$ tieed to it does not mean that GM is not watching...

Reactions: 1 person
Just because there is no $$$ tieed to it does not mean that GM is not watching...

Haha ok then. Well go ahead and respond to the leads during the middle of the night then if you're worried about big brother. But what do you think is more important -- response time or sales? And do you think you'll be able to give a better response to the prospect in the middle of the night (when they aren't expecting a response anyway) or when you've had the time to asses the situation during business hours?

I am going to jump in here and give you my take and assessment on this.

Your right, its not tied to SFE currently or required to be under a certain time. But let me ask you this, do you attend the meeting when the SFE facilitator comes to your store? If so you would know they are watching, they are scoring your store with everything when it comes to internet leads for sales and service being answered. Follow me here.

Amen!

Haha ok then. Well go ahead and respond to the leads during the middle of the night then if you're worried about big brother. But what do you think is more important -- response time or sales? And do you think you'll be able to give a better response to the prospect in the middle of the night (when they aren't expecting a response anyway) or when you've had the time to asses the situation during business hours?

Come on Kyle, you've got to know that SFE is a small part of it but it does matter. Its EBE that is the big picture, GM is expecting you to be "GREEN" in everything you do that they are tracking. I looked at your facility online (love the Google walk throughs) Lets say your facility was not compliant. Well, when the factory reps and Gensler comes knocking on your dealers door and telling him/her that you need to upgrade your facility image or else, you have no leg to stand on and negotiate certain things they want (like specific tile) if you haven't been doing all the things they have been "recommending" your dealership do. Leads are a small part, its other things as well like are you satisfying your market area sales, or is someone else pumping-in on top of you. Are you training and up to date on all your training. They are looking at your financial health, such as is your dealership at the standard or above it with your Net Working capital. Leads are a part of it, don't think for a second its not.

If any GM dealer does think for a minute they are not calculating everything you do and going to hold it over your head, then your wrong. That is exactly what they are doing. Building a case on weeding out the bad dealers and forcing all to comply to what the General wants. They still want a reduced dealer body, they cant eliminate dealers again like they did in the BK, but they can do it if you are not performing to their standards.

Thats my take on it. You can negotiate with them better when they require your dealer to do things they want better than you could if you fight everything and don't pay attention to the little things that add up!

Is this because of a recent issue?

I have used them for years and LOVE the service, they are fantastic and I recommend them to anybody.

Reason why I ask if it is a recent issue is because we have had an issue in the last few days but I am sure they will fix it and one blip when everything else was great won't change my opinion.

If any GM dealer does think for a minute they are not calculating everything you do and going to hold it over your head, then your wrong. That is exactly what they are doing. Building a case on weeding out the bad dealers and forcing all to comply to what the General wants. They still want a reduced dealer body, they cant eliminate dealers again like they did in the BK, but they can do it if you are not performing to their standards.

DING DING DING!!! Ladies and Gentlemen...we have a winner! It's not much different than when you have that employee that you would like to get rid of but are afraid they are the type to bring legal actions afterwards. You start compiling your information so that you are protected after the fact.

While I may not agree with all their decisions...I do not blame them for wanting to get rid of the folks that do not play by their rules. If I was spending the $$$ that they are to develop and market these vehicles...I would want to make sure that things were handled correctly at the dealership level. Just to give another scaled example, how frustrated do you get when you work your tail off marketing vehicles online to get the customer in, only to have a floor salesperson drop the ball and you lose the sale. Makes you want to cut the salesperson off a the legs and discretly dispose of the body. (Hopefully I'm not the only one that has these type thoughts...)
:D
I'm stepping down off my soapbox now. Thanks and have a great day!

Ive had problems with them ever since i took over as the Internet Manager. They respond anywhere from 3 min to 3hrs!! There reps don't return my phone calls or emails. I don't no whether they don't mesh with Vin well or what but they have absolutely wrecked my response times!!!!

You're right. From a top level perspective, it makes perfect sense that they should monitor all of these things. I guess what I was trying to say is that responding to leads in the middle of the night does not necessarily directly correlate with more sales. I think the sales numbers should be the "tell all" measure of productivity, but I don't get to make those decisions, do I? ;)

Not trying to bash GM because I understand what they're trying to do. But I, like many others in this forum, think the 1 hour response time at all hours of the day is a little overkill.

Anyhow, I'll stop clouding up this thread as it's taking away from its true intent.