• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Branding Yourself on YouTube!

FYI-

For those of you that create ads for YT for the dealer, it can be viewed by the attorney general in your state as a form of advertising a vehicle for sale and therefore needs to have the same disclaimers than any other ad in your state.

Even if it is done by a salesperson but it is in the dealer's YT channel or website, you are liable.

Each video can be used as a strike, therefore getting penalized by each one you make if you are creating one for every car in inventory for example.

It's real and you've been warned:

It's real and you've been warned:

Joe,

Great find.

Just a quick point from a vendor,

He says "I'm always at the dealership if you need me", then "if I'm in town", and he leaves "if I'm not busy with a customer, managing the dealer, etc".

I don't blame the guy for being busy running his own life, but I hear this way too many times "come anytime, I'm always here" when it is not true because it is impossible.

To handle issues, specially when people are hot!, I believe is better to say: "I will be available at the dealer every Monday from 9am to 11am but please call my secretary to make an appointment".

Joe,

Great find.

Just a quick point from a vendor,

He says "I'm always at the dealership if you need me", then "if I'm in town", and he leaves "if I'm not busy with a customer, managing the dealer, etc".

I don't blame the guy for being busy running his own life, but I hear this way too many times "come anytime, I'm always here" when it is not true because it is impossible.

To handle issues, specially when people are hot!, I believe is better to say: "I will be available at the dealer every Monday from 9am to 11am but please call my secretary to make an appointment".

Considering he was up for 48 hours dealing with the mess, I'd cut him a little slack. I remember when this went down and he was freaking out and I can't blame him. He's a good man and runs a good business. He did not deserve the negative press. How many times have you seen a dealer say the same thing he was saying on TV or in the paper?

As far as the videos Elise is teaching, there's nothing in those that the Govt. would use to come after a dealer. I did ask her to take the Badger out of her first video since that's copyright infringement.

Considering he was up for 48 hours dealing with the mess, I'd cut him a little slack. I remember when this went down and he was freaking out and I can't blame him. He's a good man and runs a good business. He did not deserve the negative press. How many times have you seen a dealer say the same thing he was saying on TV or in the paper?

One of the finest men I ever met in the business was a dealer named Price Leblanc. He had a Toyota dealership in Gonzales, Louisiana. He was there everyday spending most of his time in the showroom interacting with customers. You didn't need an appointment to see him, he found you. That store sold 300+ trucks in a month. Imagine the culture that he developed.

He did his own commercials at the dealership. He finished each one by saying "come see me Dahl'n" (chéri). He would bring kids out of a closing booth and pay them a dollar to mimic the "Dahl'n".

I saw a dealer go after him in TV commercials, making fun of him. I don't think they ever recovered from the backlash.

Check out this clown and the video he made taking a dig at Elise:

He has no clue what he's talking about.

Here is what I wrote on his YouTube page, but he deleted my message: "Taking a shot at Elise eh? Too bad you haven't a clue what you are talking about. Elise worked at a dealership up until Feb and she had a 20% close ratio on Internet leads. She would pick up the phone and call. If no answer she made a video. If she got them she would make a thank you video for their time on the phone. If no phone number she would make a video. You should watch her video series, perhaps you might learn something."

As far as the videos Elise is teaching, there's nothing in those that the Govt. would use to come after a dealer. I did ask her to take the Badger out of her first video since that's copyright infringement.

Jerry,

I didn't mean it as a personal comment about him but more of a general thing that I hear from the dealers, specially when they try to resolve customer issues: "Just come to the dealer, I'm always here" when they just can't be always there and it ends up becoming a negative when the customer goes 3 or 4 times and can't find the guy. I was hoping that by bringing that type of comment to attention, people may use it in a different way in future videos.

As for Elise's videos you are also correct, but she is showing dealers to create personalized videos to respond to leads. If a dealer that takes her example ends up the video by adding on his own "by the way we also have great incentives and a 2.9% financing available" the salesperson may be inadvertently leaving out that the incentives are for qualified buyers and that the financing is dependent on qualification and approval. I think it is apropiate to warn the dealerrs that if they include any offer, incentives, pricing, etc in their speech this needs to be accompanied by all the appropriate disclaimers.