• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Branding Yourself on YouTube!

Thanks for the motivation, I got one of my guys to do a couple videos today.

No practice, no script and with a point and shoot. Ideas are welcomed.

Doug Bailey Ford Fusion 22089B for Scott M - YouTube

Doug Bailey of Terryville Chevrolet 2012 Chevy Equinox for Thomas M - YouTube

So kudos for jumping in and getting it done; you are a step ahead 99% of the other guys.

If there is one thing to imporve is the sound; not your "sound", but the hardware. I don't know what you used for camera (cell phone, small PAS) but I'm sure that you can buy a microphone for little $$$ and improve this a ton.

Maybe Elise can also share what hardware she has used since she has a lot more experience doing this stuff.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for the motivation, I got one of my guys to do a couple videos today.

No practice, no script and with a point and shoot. Ideas are welcomed.

Doug Bailey Ford Fusion 22089B for Scott M - YouTube

Doug Bailey of Terryville Chevrolet 2012 Chevy Equinox for Thomas M - YouTube

Awesome! My only feedback is where he says "I believe you're going to love this..." It should be "I know you're going to love this..." See the difference? It's all about the verbiage and confidence.

Also, how about a dealership picture with name at the beginning or end. Overall a great start!

So kudos for jumping in and getting it done; you are a step ahead 99% of the other guys.

If there is one thing to imporve is the sound; not your "sound", but the hardware. I don't know what you used for camera (cell phone, small PAS) but I'm sure that you can buy a microphone for little $$$ and improve this a ton.

Maybe Elise can also share what hardware she has used since she has a lot more experience doing this stuff.

It is a 5 year old Nikon point and shoot... so not bad considering... :D

Awesome! My only feedback is where he says "I believe you're going to love this..." It should be "I know you're going to love this..." See the difference? It's all about the verbiage and confidence.

Also, how about a dealership picture with name at the beginning or end. Overall a great start!

Yeah he knows he has to work on the presentation... and I need to work on the consistency of the videos with some dealership shots... etc...

The great news is both customers watched and loved their videos... copied right from the customer response...

"You just made me fall in love with this vehicle even more : )"

Thanks for the inspiration to pull the trigger on this Jerry/Elise