• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is Cobalt getting better?

I’m the product marketing manager for the Cobalt Website platform and Flex is one of the most exciting enhancements I’ve seen at Cobalt. It definitely puts an end to the cookie-cutter idea and makes it so much easier and faster to build new pages on your site or change up your home page to reflect YOUR brand.

The Flex website enhancement is currently available in the Volkswagen program and will be launching to other programs very soon. And you haven’t seen it all yet - we have a few more surprises that haven’t been shown yet!

Great to hear you’re open to changing your mind about Cobalt – we are extremely focused on dealer feedback and Flex is a great demonstration of this. The Flex website enhancement is going to change how you see and do just about everything with your website. I’d love to offer you a free personal Flex tour – email me at [email protected] and I’ll get that setup.

We are very passionate about changing people’s long-held perceptions about Cobalt. What else could we do to improve your perception of Cobalt?

James Fabin
Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Cobalt

I’m the product marketing manager for the Cobalt Website platform and Flex is one of the most exciting enhancements I’ve seen at Cobalt. It definitely puts an end to the cookie-cutter idea and makes it so much easier and faster to build new pages on your site or change up your home page to reflect YOUR brand.

The Flex website enhancement is currently available in the Volkswagen program and will be launching to other programs very soon. And you haven’t seen it all yet - we have a few more surprises that haven’t been shown yet!

Great to hear you’re open to changing your mind about Cobalt – we are extremely focused on dealer feedback and Flex is a great demonstration of this. The Flex website enhancement is going to change how you see and do just about everything with your website. I’d love to offer you a free personal Flex tour – email me at [email protected] and I’ll get that setup.

We are very passionate about changing people’s long-held perceptions about Cobalt. What else could we do to improve your perception of Cobalt?

James Fabin
Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Cobalt

Make it available to Chevy dealers...

Reactions: 2 people
Back in 2006, my dealership (by which I mean “I”) chose Cobalt to replace a very dated Reynolds Web Solutions site. Soon afterwards, GM forced dealerships to take a Cobalt website. In the process I traded capabilities for a discount by virtue of GM restrictions.

I’m sure you understand the uphill battle Cobalt is fighting as the secondary website for so many dealerships. Tech-savvy internet managers have metatag disabled search engine crawling of Cobalt sites and many dealers have simply allowed them to deteriorate for lack of new content. Ask the management of those stores about their Cobalt site and they’ll tell you how poorly it performs.

6 weeks ago I left a GM dealership with an extremely well performing GMC Cobalt site to another nearby GM dealership with plans to repeat the process. I did so with plans to effectively implement the new Flex product. Some dealers need more restrictions to keep them from making a mess, others need more freedom to be on the cutting edge.

GM needs a plan to allow creative freedom and let dealers find their own level of competence in the digital marketplace. For the less capable, help should be provided… that is, after all, why we have ProCare Advocates, right?

I WANT MY FLEX!

Reactions: 1 person
James
My name is Scott Titensor. I manage a dealergroup's internet marketing and use two Cobalt sites. My number one issue is with new vehicle specials. The way it post each detail of the special as a seperate offer vs all together. I have been told by Cobalt Managers for over one year that it will change. My other issue is with the way Dealer Center display's the vehicles a dealer post as specials. Once sold the vehicle shows no indication on the posting and I must research each one to maintain accuracy.

On the upside, I really like my Support, the lady I work with always does her best and communicates her actions.

I hope this helps.

Scott

Scott,

Send me an email at [email protected] with your contact information - I'd like to setup a call with our Product Managers for specials and inventory to see what we can do.

So happy to hear you like your advocate - I hear this often from dealers and it makes me proud to work with the support team. Any chance you're going to the Automotive Bootcamp event in Vegas next week? I'll be there and would be more then happy to demo Flex and some of our other enhancements.

Thanks!
James Fabin