• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Where does Dealer.com's CRM fall in terms of quality?

JQ you could rock the tie as a belt for the jorts!

So will the DDC CRM make an appearance in Orlando? I won't be there, but I know a owner and ski lover I need to send to look for a purple tie if so!

To the ILM and CRM question, I used to live in the DDC Lead Manager, and floor leads can be entered. There is only so much an ILM can do-I built a crazy workflow to help me keep up-but it is on lockdown now that we have a CRM.

Chris, is budget, internet functionality or a tool for the whole dealership the goal? Understanding the needs and goals you have for the tool is key before picking one.

I'd like to apologize for hijacking an old post to rant about the new DDC CRM. I'm a member of several other automotive forums and you all have been much nicer to a first time poster/ranter than the members of other forums would have been. My frustration got the best of me. I'd like to be a little more objective with any further comments I add to this post or site and I would like to take a few people up on their invites to discuss our issues with hope of a resolve.

Alex - I was working with your team that day. I spent a good deal of time that morning cutting and pasting screen shots for Mr. Houmis so we could get our monthly sales count to reflect accurate figures. They did call me to go over the settings in the pencil tool but I did not speak with them because we had a very welcome rush of sales traffic and I was the only manager on the desk. Today is more of the same. I've always been happy with DDC websites and customer service. I still have hope that we will make this new system work. My sales team on the other hand has completley given up. That compounds my frustration. Walt Kustra writes above "Dealer.com has been working diligently with us to make sure we see some of the ideas we have for the CRM come to light". This is one area I feel differently. We've documented concerns and ideas and I was told that they were either not a priority or that we were the only dealer that followed that sort of procedure. Our ideas and input seem like they have gone into a black hole. Some of those concerns are relatively important to us and the longer we go without seeing a fix the more messed up things seem to get.

Pencil Tool - Didn't work because of a tax calculation on leases. Maine is a little different the way we calculate tax on a lease. The rest of the tool didn't work either because it wasn't pulling over cost. I've been told this is fixed now and we're having a conference call tomorrow to go over the settings. Yes, it's only 2 months later than promised but even 2 months late reminds me too much of our dealings with Autobase.

Sales count - was never accurate. The system was duplicating sales. The sales person would mark a car sold delivered and then the CRM would do the same after the next data pull from the DMS. The CRM was also calling new cars sales "used" sales in the count. I've also been told this bug has been found and they are fixing it.

Data pull from Autobase and our DMS - my biggest concern and the biggest concern of my sales team. 10 years of autobase data and very little made it over to the new customer records. Client street addresses are gone. Zip codes dropped the zeros if there was one and there usually is in the Northeast. In most cases only one phone number carried over. Also in most cases work numbers and cell numbers, previous sold vehicle information and trade information is gone. Client records with a husband and wife got divided into two seperate accounts. I disagreed with this and was told that was how the new system was designed. I went along with it and thought maybe I am just too autobase centric but the more I see it on a daily basis it's screwed up. The dealer ought to have the say whether they want the cleint record divided up or not. We don't. I don't need two sales people working the two clients in the same household. I want to look in a record and be able to see what this clients wife's name was... etc.

Duplicates - it's a mess and the tool used to combine them isn't the most straight forward tool I've seen. When you do get a husband and wife in front of you and you want to combine them you end up loosing information from one record. It doesn't combine the records in a straight forward manor.

I have more issues but these are my imediate concerns. I like the parts of the new CRM and I see potential. I do want to make it work but I can't afford to go through 1/2 of 2013 without basic CRM functions.

Reactions: 1 person
Alex - well all know miscommunication is the root of most bad reviews and frustrations.

Tom -So glad you found DR and started speaking out!

I will say I have yet to take a look at the new DDC CRM - but what you are expressing issues with is a problem with my CRM too. We just had a full week of pencils not working, prices & inventory being really jacked, and it seems there is no fix to duplicates created between DMS and CRM data. I will praise Alex and his DDC team from the outside as they seem to be listening to dealers more than others as they build the tool.

Pencil Tool - Didn't work because of a tax calculation on leases. Maine is a little different the way we calculate tax on a lease. The rest of the tool didn't work either because it wasn't pulling over cost. I've been told this is fixed now and we're having a conference call tomorrow to go over the settings. Yes, it's only 2 months later than promised but even 2 months late reminds me too much of our dealings with Autobase.

Sales count - was never accurate. The system was duplicating sales. The sales person would mark a car sold delivered and then the CRM would do the same after the next data pull from the DMS. The CRM was also calling new cars sales "used" sales in the count. I've also been told this bug has been found and they are fixing it.
Duplicates - it's a mess and the tool used to combine them isn't the most straight forward tool I've seen. When you do get a husband and wife in front of you and you want to combine them you end up loosing information from one record. It doesn't combine the records in a straight forward manor.

I have had the same issues with Vin Solutions in the past, I could not understand why they struggled with these.