• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

It just got REAL! $5 per post starting 12/3

Craigslist says the credit card information that you enter is not stored on their server and that it is only sent to their CC processing company. Any ideas on how safe it is to operate two independent accounts with the same CC payment info?

Columbia's also showing a precipitous drop-off in postings too; almost all the active postings are ours right now. Good for us!

Is anyone else having issues with credit card rejections? We can't buy blocks here (CL doesn't support it in Columbia), and our corporate purchasing card is kicking my butt. Didn't work, then it worked, now it doesn't work--I don't need this stress this week!

I've heard that CC are getting blocked after 5 postings or so.

That buying blocks is so far very challenging.

That blocks are available only for major areas (not subareas).
Yes, dunno, and yes on our part; apparently a state capital is not "big" enough for them to introduce the feature. (I wound up putting ads on my personal card, calling my issuer, having them note it on the account, and getting reimbursed.)

Yes, dunno, and yes on our part; apparently a state capital is not "big" enough for them to introduce the feature. (I wound up putting ads on my personal card, calling my issuer, having them note it on the account, and getting reimbursed.)

BF,

I think that they go by traffic on their databases not by population in the area, but I may be wrong. Common sense does not apply sometimes to what CL does.

We haven't been able to post today, the CC is being declined/error codes. Seems strange since CL supposedly isn't storing our CC information on their servers. I actually used a different card than I used yesterday.

We haven't tried to purchase any blocks.

Yesterday I was the only one (4 posts) that posted in the dealer section of my city. Today there's a few more though.

We haven't been able to post today, the CC is being declined/error codes. Seems strange since CL supposedly isn't storing our CC information on their servers. I actually used a different card than I used yesterday.

We haven't tried to purchase any blocks.

Yesterday I was the only one (4 posts) that posted in the dealer section of my city. Today there's a few more though.

I think blocks is going to be the only way to go. Once you are able to get them buy as much as you can.