• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Need some help

For example, if your site averages 4 VDPs per visit, then YOU choose what you believe is a productive car shopping visit (3 VDPs?). Then a visit with 3 VDPs or more is a conversion. Don't forget to break out a bucket for highly engaged repeat visitors that are quick checking to see if what your new arrivals look like (this group is HOT!)

Joe- how would one attempt to purify the statistics to exclude the visits, VDP, TOS, etc from dealership employees? I'm sure many dealers have the sales staff selling from the website and changing the true picture of site performance. Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 person
If you re-read Chris's post, it's a snap shot of how he's dealing with rising PPC costs compounded by a vendor he feels converts poorly. PPC is an auction based system, THIS IS A UNIVERSAL PROBLEM for everyone. My advice works with any vendor (ours incl'd).

Yes, I was referring to the cost of generating traffic in PPC vs. social marketing. Optimizing PPC will definitely help. Todd is right regarding the site! But, I realize the marketing budget is tapped and I think there's a lot to be gained with further efforts in social marketing. Joe's advice is something you could see immediately where as what I said would take a considerable amount of time to develop.