• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Window Sticker App

Rant >>>>Does anybody on here know where the hell to get supplier pricing outside of global connect and set up a feed for it?? I couldn't find one!! Very aggravating!!!!
<<< End Rant
We have our stock-in folks input the supplier amount on a certain DMS line, then have our pricing spreadsheet pull that in when we need to call upon it. The price the world sees is then a separate DMS line that we tell our data folks to pull. Tedious? A bit, moreso at the first of the month when things change up. But it works pretty well overall.

I thought about that too Bill but I think GM could / should have provided this data to us. DMI has it and they are sending it to Cobalt. They could easily send it to anyone else. I think the main reason is so our pricing could at least be in sync across all our marketing channels. Chances are, for this month 90% of the GM dealers that are participating in this so called "Open House Event" has pricing issues scattered across their marketing channels. The pricing thats on your third party sites won't be the same price on your website unless, you've taken steps like you mentioned in your post and have some one to manually enter that price into your DMS. Then your chances for an error is higher if it's manually entered (that's just my experience). It makes absolutely no sense to me.

I'm working on an app now that will extract that data out of Global Connect thats automated daily. Once I have the data, I'll be able to use it accordingly.

This is just another way that GM and Cobalt is strong arming their way to force dealers into using the Cobalt platform. I guess it's nice to have all the keys to the backdoors.