• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Uncle Joe's Make Over Diary

Beta Test Request:

If your store is a Dealer.com store AND your store uses PhoneNinjas.com, we should talk ASAP. I'm building a joint test with Jerry & his team. Please private message me here, or, email me: joe[dot]pistell[at]dealer.com

Thnx
Joe

We use phone ninja's just for mystery shopping, does that count? :) pm me back or email sachin at autodome.ca

Reactions: 1 person
When you shoot the seats in a 2 door... don't show shoppers how the rear seats are worthless.

View attachment 2391
(Said knowing the ELR's back seats are cozy)

The photographer was in the right ballpark, but I think a couple minor things would've taken it from a single to at least a triple. Definitely, pan about 15° left and downplay the back seat as much as possible without putting a stupid crop on the seat itself. I'd also get the buttons on the seat controls in the frame, because if you're paying that much for a car you don't yank handles and jerk yourself forward or back.

With that picture taken, I'd then push the seats full-forward, hit the tilt, do all the tricks to make that rear seat look inviting. Not easy, but a specialty piece like an ELR requires the attention.

In the app space, I've been watching M2M grow for a few years now. Here's a 2yr old slide that speaks to this totally new automobile marketplace:
upload_2015-3-31_10-25-58.png
Your smart phone and your phone will be as one. It'll be a natural extension of your experience with car.

It's in the OEM's best interest to use M2M technology to create a new paradigm with a goal to produce an experience that is so helpful & satisfying that the car owner won't want to leave the brand.

GM looks to be furthest down the road so far.