• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Service Thread - Ideas to CRANK things up

Apr 22, 2009
Awards
First Name
Ryan
Not sure how many folks in Refresh Nation are involved with Fixed Ops but I thought it would be a cool idea to start a thread to share best practices on driving more $$$ through service / parts.

Our store is having a sleepy summer and I'm rolling up my sleeves to find some ways to ring the register. We have above average CSI and LOTS of positive reviews on Google directed at our Service Department, which makes me believe we don't have a "you guys suck" problem.

Would love to hear some ideas.

THANKS IN ADVANCE REFRESH NATION

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
We do a few things:
Maintenance reminder emails & calls (email links to book service is tagged with all the field values for the online form - name, email, vehicle etc)
First service after vehicle purchase call
Sold not serviced follow up at 9-12 months after (social media audience ads & emails)
Google & Bing Click to Call keyword ads (excluding name brand competitors, as that became confusing for callers and embarrassing for us)
Youtube video targeting in-market audiences

Wish we did:
Declined repairs followup process
Appointment reminder emails

We do a few things:
Maintenance reminder emails & calls (email links to book service is tagged with all the field values for the online form - name, email, vehicle etc)
First service after vehicle purchase call
Sold not serviced follow up at 9-12 months after (social media audience ads & emails)
Google & Bing Click to Call keyword ads (excluding name brand competitors, as that became confusing for callers and embarrassing for us)
Youtube video targeting in-market audiences

Wish we did:
Declined repairs followup process
Appointment reminder emails

Karen Ann - Thanks for the suggestions. It's crazy that most of calls you are talking about are the BASICS. However, we sometimes spend too much time on the flashy things like social media and overlook the initiatives that WILL move the needle.

Currently using a company to outsource the winbacks and service reminders until we get our house in order.

Question: Who at your dealership is making these calls? Who is keeping the database up to date?

We have a team of people we call our Data Team. They're like a mix of BDC and Data Maintenance. They do all our calls for two of our dealerships (various sales & service communications) as well as data maintenance calls/emails to confirm/update guest information for the entire database. They update our DMS, CRM and Ford databases.
The First Service appointment booking calls are done by our Service Appointment Coordinator.

We have a team of people we call our Data Team. They're like a mix of BDC and Data Maintenance. They do all our calls for two of our dealerships (various sales & service communications) as well as data maintenance calls/emails to confirm/update guest information for the entire database. They update our DMS, CRM and Ford databases.
The First Service appointment booking calls are done by our Service Appointment Coordinator.

I like it!! at this point it seems like an imaginary world you speak of but I'll get there!!! Appreciate the help Karen Ann. Keep innovating over on the west coast

• Automatic appointment confirmations. Execute through business rules in your CRM.
  • Sell parts online. As an example, we set this up a few years ago through shopify: http://capitalcustoms.ca/
  • Accessorized new lift trucks. (Maybe too obvious but just in case)
They don't lift them in Ontario!!! Well not like you cowboys

Reactions: anthonycapital