• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Inventory protection Idea that doesn't work

@Rick Buffkin The customers who don't understand are the ones who likely never would have trusted you in the first place so you're at the same place with them as before. If they really don't want to accept carjojo makes up their own pricing and also really don't trust dealerships, you could ask them why they're even there instead of using carjojo's negotiation thing or going through a broker like costco/ truecar etc. I imagine those answers would be enlightening.

If the customer brings carjojo up, it's the rep's job to explain the pricing is crap and the customer's expectations are unrealistic. Just like it's the rep's job to explain a certain equipment option/ color combo isn't produced or certain rebates aren't stackable with each other when the customer asks about them.

Rick, the example you cited shows someone who saw a cheaper price somewhere but wouldn't a more common problem be information that is outdated? In that case, you'd have leads that saw a higher price you had already dropped or a vehicle you already sold right?

Same problem here with carjojo.com. I have emailed and called several times asking the origination of franchised new car inventory displayed on their site. I also asked them to remove our DBA name from their website along with our new car inventory. I have not received any communication from them. Interestingly enough, it seems to be select franchises. Has anyone been able to get in contact with them?

I'm sooooo frustrated right now with this website (CarJoJo)!!! I'm searching for patterns right now. I know the general consensus is they are scraping the dealers sites. If that is the case, I have a question that maybe @craigh , @yagoparamo , @Alexander Lau or @Chris Cachor can maybe elaborate and chime in on.

If I implemented a one time captcha on the website SRP's, do you have any idea how that would affect Google's / Search Engines indexing of those pages???? Any thoughts?? It's kinda past the point now of it being a minor inconvenience for the end user right now. This has turned into a big issue!!

@autohitch Yes. I've been checking DIS on inventory and Carjojo is roughly about a day behind. Ultimately, my point in the example is, Dealers already have enough objections to have to overcome without a site like Carjojo causing more issues and confusion on both the customers and dealers.

Is there anyone here on the forums who's inventory isn't on CarJoJo???? I'm trying to find a pattern here. I have DDC and CDK sites and they have inventory on the site thats housed on both. CarJoJo has the dealership Name for our New Toyota's listed as our Buick GMC store which is wrong.

Has anyone tried contacting this number?? Maybe try sending an email to the yahoo account.
upload_2017-8-28_15-20-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-28_15-15-35.png
    upload_2017-8-28_15-15-35.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 0