• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What's Your Mobile Page Speed? It's Now Becoming an Official Google Ranking Factor

Not too shabby. I've heard through the grapevine it's nearly impossible to get above 98/100. Makes me wonder what it is they truly want? Maybe just send to your vendor and show them. Hmmm....

To your point @Alexander Lau simply having Google Analytics code on your website will take off a point or two from your score because it triggers the "leverage browser caching" warning because GA only stays cached for 2 hours. The goal should be to have your desktop and mobile scores be in The Green. Don't waste time trying to chase a near perfect score. It just can't happen.

Also FWIW the latest news regarding mobile page speed becoming a ranking factor beginning in July, Google claims this will only impact a small percentage of queries. Only pages that “deliver the slowest experience to users” will be impacted by this update.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
Also FWIW the latest news regarding mobile page speed becoming a ranking factor beginning in July, Google claims this will only impact a small percentage of queries. Only pages that “deliver the slowest experience to users” will be impacted by this update.

Same principal they've always used. If a site offers users a bad experience, they de-rank it accordingly.

Dude, who's your vendor?

I'm using DDC. It's not completely their fault. Vendors and Toyo regional scripts are on the site. I have stuff on there as well that I can take down to speed it up. But... To give you can example, there's five instances of GTM on the site! FIVE!
upload_2018-1-19_10-30-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-19_10-29-11.png
    upload_2018-1-19_10-29-11.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 0