• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google My Business Service & Parts department pages

GerryFoster

4 Pounder
Jan 19, 2018
Awards
First Name
Gerry
Hi All,

I am very new here and insanely new in the automotive vertical. I am however a seasoned and educated Local SEO, with a good set of organic SEO skills. Anyway, the post.

Google my Business has, in fact, rolled out parts department pages, and service department pages. Many of these pages have already been created by Google and are plum full of errors. I have found the easiest way to find these pages is to look up your rooftop in maps (by name, not address), and then zoom the map way into your location. The pins should pop up.

I can add more to this in a bit if needed.

Hi All,

I am very new here and insanely new in the automotive vertical. I am however a seasoned and educated Local SEO, with a good set of organic SEO skills. Anyway, the post.

Google my Business has, in fact, rolled out parts department pages, and service department pages. Many of these pages have already been created by Google and are plum full of errors. I have found the easiest way to find these pages is to look up your rooftop in maps (by name, not address), and then zoom the map way into your location. The pins should pop up.

I can add more to this in a bit if needed.
Welcome dude...

If you're dealing with one or two rooftops, no problem, you can do this manually. If you've inherited a mess or have to create a number of GMB properties for multiple rooftops, it can be a challenge.

I don't advise using Yext (they'll choke you for money = leave your listings in limbo after you stop paying them), but http://www.yext.com/blog/2017/10/google-posts-now-live And yes... this is for Google My Business Properties and Posts. Not Google+.

Vendasta
, who are FANTASTIC make it easy and affordable and have auto-centric business listings within their options.
Sync business information to Google My Business
With Listing Sync, your clients can effortlessly manage their Google My Business location data.
https://www.vendasta.com/marketplace/listing-builder/google-my-business

It is now possible to edit Properties and schedule Posts to Google My Business using Sendible: http://sendible.com/insights/schedule-posts-to-google-my-business

I'm sure Hootsuite, Buffer and the like will shortly follow.

Social Dealer doesn't seem to offer any of this, I've never been a fan.

-------------------------
This might be a helpful article for someone viewing this thread.

https://faq.buffer.com/article/778-publish-google-plus-vs-google-my-business
Google+ vs Google My Business
Understanding and managing various Profiles and Pages within Google can be a tricky business! We've seen some confusion specifically around Google+ Profiles vs Google+ Pages vs Google My Business Pages, so we wanted to share some information here.
  • Google+ Profile: A personal profile that represents an individual person. Think of it as the equivalent of a personal Facebook or LinkedIn profile. More information on Google+ Profiles can be found here.
  • Google+ Page: A page managed under your brand account that represents an organization. Think of it as the equivalent of Facebook or LinkedIn company page. More information on Google+ Pages can be found here.
  • Google My Business Page: Google My Business is a tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. A Google My Business Page stores address details, maps, directions, opening times, contact details and customer reviews. The key difference between Google+ Pages and Google My Business Pages is a physical location. If an organization has a physical location, then they are eligible to create a My Business Page. Arcalea published a wonderful blog post here describing the differences in more detail. More information on Google My Business can be found here.

Last edited: