• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Winter cleaning

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
Just a little FYI that we're doing some pruning and reorganizing of the categories and quiet forums. No threads are being deleted.

The aim is to make the user experience a little better by removing clutter and reducing clicks. I got started on the obvious stuff this morning. Jeff and I are debating some of the larger moves, but if you're hitting the refresh button this weekend you might see some changes happening.

P.S. Jeff found a new Xenforo developer to give us a hand upgrading to the current version and to do some other cool stuff. So, more new stuff is on the horizon!

Just a little FYI that we're doing some pruning and reorganizing of the categories and quiet forums. No threads are being deleted.

The aim is to make the user experience a little better by removing clutter and reducing clicks. I got started on the obvious stuff this morning. Jeff and I are debating some of the larger moves, but if you're hitting the refresh button this weekend you might see some changes happening.

P.S. Jeff found a new Xenforo developer to give us a hand upgrading to the current version and to do some other cool stuff. So, more new stuff is on the horizon!
Welcome home @Alex Snyder !

Damn the circus haters!
Fozzy-Bear.gif

:lol: thanks guys. You can't do something right without having a few haters.

The overarching cleaning is done. All nested forums are gone. If you click a forum link you're getting straight into threads. Also, sorry DMS companies, but the days of you having your own special forums are over. You want that, we have a sponsorship package you can buy. And for you guys it will only be a 30 year contract :321:

And last but not least you'll notice we have done away with Premium Membership. I don't think a single person signed up for it, so no loss there. But we are going to be putting more emphasis on Sponsored Forums. I love them! It is a place for start ups to get known and established companies to get better acquainted with their customers. I hope to see some good action in those as we grow that section.