• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Your Website Traffic after Cash for Clunkers

"The" Kevin Leigh of West Herr?? You built the site right? I admired your work back in early 2000's, We've talked on the phone a few times. If memory serves me, you built a F&I tool too. I still check in on your efforts.

Back in the day, I also built sites for a chevrolet dealer in Syracuse NY. Here are some snap shots of the old work I created:
If that's you, welcome aboard!

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexander Lau
Joe, I remember you, thanks for the welcome..
Yea retail sites, crm, f&I, service and lien tracking tools. Whatever it takes to sell cars and grow our business.

I was happy to stumble upon this site last night, great resource to vent and share, i will do my best to answer questions.

Wow...what a great blast from the past! I have such great memories of Cash For Clunkers. I was very fortunate to be at an incredible dealership flush with inventory, ideas and foresight. There were definitely some bumps along the way, but we worked through them and had our best months ever. Had a lot of fun...would love to have that washout check again, too!

Ha. Alex is a marketing genius. Just sayin. Nice alert btw.
Ill take the bait -

I wonder if it is safe to delete our cash for clunkers deal folders on the shared server? Did anyone ever get audited?
If I remember correctly, they made it impossible to get a voucher funded in the early weeks. Denial after denial. Then the flood gates opened and made the process much easier.

Reactions: Alex Snyder
This was the good old days when paid search wasn’t a necessary evil and cpc’s were still under 50 cents.

We’re going to look back 5 years from now and think the same thing about Facebook ads.

My advice: spend as much as you effectively can on Facebook before costs continue to rise like AdWords did

Reactions: Alexander Lau
This was the good old days when paid search wasn’t a necessary evil and cpc’s were still under 50 cents.

We’re going to look back 5 years from now and think the same thing about Facebook ads.

My advice: spend as much as you effectively can on Facebook before costs continue to rise like AdWords did
Obviously, CPC is a bidding war, there's no way it would have stayed at 50 cents, LOL! The reach of FB is good (partly because they are new), but also because they can gradually make increases across a controlled system (granted, there are different types of ad placements). Google AW is the wild, wild west with crazy bidding. FB isn't built the same, it's a slightly different model.

Last edited: