• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Vendor Pricing

They love to train dealers on how to present price but they play the same'ol tricks!! Truth is, most of the providers in our industry negotiate on price more than dealers do. Plus many have a ton of resellers and aren't sure if you've been quoted a different price from a reseller, so they like to feel ya out first.

Reactions: craigh
Why can't vendors add their pricing to the website? Why do you have to go through an entire pitch to get a price? Even if they just said "XYZ" service starting at just $XXX per month? Thoughts?

A few thoughts:
  1. Lead Gen. No price = more leads. Try it on your car dealer site.
  2. No Price = Its negotiable. What you'll pay isn't what the other guy pays.
  3. The product is complex and its benefits are greatly enhanced with a presentation and discussion.
  4. Leadership sees higher ROI when they slow you down and force you into a discussion.
Sounds a lot like the old school car sales tactics we're trying to kill? ;-)

The product is complex and its benefits are greatly enhanced with a presentation and discussion.

I think this is a lot of the case. Especially as many vendors' marketing departments struggle with explaining their own products. And many marketing departments are held accountable by lead volume for the sales team.

It would be interesting to see a truly SAAS software come to automotive that didn't require a deep sales presentation nor training. I get the pleasure of seeing what that could be like every time we employ a new technology on DealerRefresh. Setting up Agile CRM was probably the most eye-opening experience I've had yet. Their pricing is fully disclosed all over and the "sales presentation" I requested was more for Jeff and me to ask a few questions.

@alex, that is awesome! And agreed, I can certainly understand that. But at the same time, whats more frustrating is having to deal with several pitches just get a presentation. More often than not their demos are cliche and do not often answer or address questions. Then again, half the time dealers do not even know what questions to ask!!