• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
Two-thousand seventeen is about to wrap-up folks and it's hard to believe life before mobile devices even existed. Though there are times I wish for those days of simplicity to return.

With 2017 coming to an end and mobile helping dictate and influence our next step on a daily, hourly basis, I'm curious to what 3 mobile app(s) were your absolute favorite(s) or could-not-live-withouts. BTW - it's doesn't need to only be 3, but it helps narrow down your decision.

If you like, feel free to throw a left turn in the mix by also including the WORSE app (experience) you had in 2017...

BRZO- search all of craigslist in an app
Reddit- hate the desktop site, and can only surf it via the app
Provision/vAuto- I'm not even in the retail side any longer, but it's important to answer questions for friends. "How much should I pay for X, what's my car worth on trade, etc." People assume that because I was a GM I could just tell them off the top of my head...no...I used software. :D

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
BRZO- search all of craigslist in an app
Reddit- hate the desktop site, and can only surf it via the app
Provision/vAuto- I'm not even in the retail side any longer, but it's important to answer questions for friends. "How much should I pay for X, what's my car worth on trade, etc." People assume that because I was a GM I could just tell them off the top of my head...no...I used software. :D
Just downloaded BRZO, thanks!

Reactions: Brendan Dolan
I purged my whole phone in December to remove any time wasters, distractions or apps that weren't helping further my career or personal goals.

That left me with:
- Twitter
- Goodreads (maintain lists of books to read)
- Google Play Music
- Wunderlist (to do lists)
- Audible (audiobooks)
- Overcast (podcasts)
- Coinbase & CoinCap (getting rich off the altcoins so I can retire at 30)
- Google Home / Assistant

Best decision I ever made.
The unexpected side effect is that I don't touch my phone all day.
I get phone calls, text messages and emails on any of my 4 Mac computers or my watch, so the phone sits face down for the duration of the work day.